Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Straight Razor

Re: Straight Razor 1 year 6 months ago #5507

• davidmcm77
  • Senior Boarder
  • Country must be country wide.
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks for the help everyone. Since I don't have the new arms I wound up just honing the razor freehand on the WE stones and strops. I started with the 600 diamonds and worked my way up to .5 micron CBN. I shaved a little but with it but didn't push it too much being that I don't have any skill is using a razor. But it did work really well I was pleased.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-Roosevelt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Straight Razor 1 year 6 months ago #5518

• cbwx34
  • WE Stonehenge?
  • Thank you received: 390
razoredgeknives wrote:
Finally got some pics of what I was talking about... (how rotating the arms forward will change the angle mid stroke). see below:

so, as you can see, anyone wanting to do straight razors will need the new upgraded arms =)

That's what I was talking about in my other post... you can use the original arms on a razor, because the razor can control the angle since it has two points of contact with the stone.
davidmcm77 wrote:
Thanks for the help everyone. Since I don't have the new arms I wound up just honing the razor freehand on the WE stones and strops. I started with the 600 diamonds and worked my way up to .5 micron CBN. I shaved a little but with it but didn't push it too much being that I don't have any skill is using a razor. But it did work really well I was pleased.

Sounds like a good way also... Thanks for the update! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds