Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance

TOPIC: Should I get new ball joint arms?

Re: Should I get new ball joint arms? 1 year 9 months ago #6314

• Scott Sherman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
MartinSinger wrote:

I visit daily without logging in but enjoy the forum and Scott's observations and questions. Scott, don't wimp out like I did early on.

Well, now I do feel special. B) Okay, it's Monday morning so all you youngsters go out to work and build stuff or take your kids to school or whatever , while us retired guys chat it up a bit. It'll all be here for you when you get back. Don't worry there will be lots of dumb questions to amuse and pointed critiques and technical questions to entertain and enlighten. I'll see about ways to get more creative also. for example it occurs to me that now that we can hone our edges to a mirror polish, perhaps there is a way to inscribe fancy writing or designs in the little tiny edge shoulder that can only be seen with a microscope. I seem to recall seeing something somewhere where artists were writing and drawing on things like rice kernels for example. Lots of food for thought and it gives me something to do in between grits and knife sharpening in my spare time while I search for more gadgets and gizmos to buy.

I'm a bit interested in that ultra sonic bath thing a ma jigger I saw in another recent thread to clean my new stones. :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Should I get new ball joint arms? 1 year 9 months ago #6315

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
Scott Sherman wrote:
for example it occurs to me that now that we can hone our edges to a mirror polish, perhaps there is a way to inscribe fancy writing or designs in the little tiny edge shoulder that can only be seen with a microscope. I seem to recall seeing something somewhere where artists were writing and drawing on things like rice kernels for example.

That's a good one!!!! :P :P :cheer:

Re: Should I get new ball joint arms? 1 year 9 months ago #6322

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 143
They laser inscribe diamonds with serial numbers. The number is legible with 10x scope.

Would work fine on an edge until you sharpen it once.

Inscribing you name on the spine might be more practical.

Re: Should I get new ball joint arms? 1 year 9 months ago #6328

• FredHermann
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Maybe we could insribe the Constitution on the edge in micro script...
Nah, that would be more evidence of our OCD tendencies, and we'd nitpick the heck out of each other's hand writing skills....
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds