Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance

TOPIC: i have been having the same problem also.

Re: i have been having the same problem also. 1 year 2 months ago #11026

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
PhilipPasteur wrote:
try to go out and buy powder...

The range I live and work at (www.slosa.org) volume is down literally in half. I'm lucky as I come by deals, but it keeps me broke!:P
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: i have been having the same problem also. 1 year 2 months ago #11028

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
tuffybraithwaite wrote:
i can sure tell you the lead business has been steadily picking up. i sell random weights of old lead fishing sinkers on ebay and last few weeks - god they have been selling like hot cakes in 10lb. lots.

my buddy tells me the bullet making guys are buying all the lead.
whoever - i like it......

We just had a lead retrieval company at the rang for the first time in thirty years. Going down four inch on the trap and skeet range the took out $150K worth of lead. There is plent more but they had to move on for a government contract that was time sensitive.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Re: i have been having the same problem also. 1 year 2 months ago #11030

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
EamonMcGowan wrote:
tuffybraithwaite wrote:
i can sure tell you the lead business has been steadily picking up. i sell random weights of old lead fishing sinkers on ebay and last few weeks - god they have been selling like hot cakes in 10lb. lots.

my buddy tells me the bullet making guys are buying all the lead.
whoever - i like it......

We just had a lead retrieval company at the rang for the first time in thirty years. Going down four inch on the trap and skeet range the took out $150K worth of lead. There is plent more but they had to move on for a government contract that was time sensitive.
damn - i call it gray matter on most forums - i sent u PM with link to ebay - fyi
<"))))><(

Re: i have been having the same problem also. 1 year 2 months ago #11042

• johpe
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Just wanted to say thanks to Kyle for a quick solution to my issue with the vise jaws. Looking forward to receiving my shipment!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

i have been having the same problem also. 6 months 2 weeks ago #15381

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Yesterday at the farmers market i had a fellow who wanted me to sharpen his tiny swiss army knife.

SWISS.jpg

when i went to tighten it down it just fell out of the vice. it would appear my 2nd vice has sprung or something.

last week i ordered a new vice with the new s/s insert (my 3rd vice) because this vice has major hole where bottom vice screw tightens. - i was unaware of this problem - so i am ok in that department, i am just sticking this out for everyone to take notice and make sure your vice it fine.

1_2014-01-12.jpg
<"))))><(

i have been having the same problem also. 6 months 2 weeks ago #15383

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
it looks as if the jaws have bent back from the clamping pressure.
Looking at that it would be good if perhaps a steel version were available I think non stainless steel would be best for two reasons it has potentially more spring in it so would recover its shape more easily than both aluminium or stainless perhaps it would be about the same price to manufacture as the aluminium jaws or at least not a prohibitive price .
I wonder if Clay could look at the viability of this I would be interested in this as would Tuffy by the sounds of it .

i have been having the same problem also. 6 months 2 weeks ago #15393

• DanMaloon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 60
I've noticed for the last 2 months or so the blade moving in the vise as it is tightened but never stopped to look at it. Sure enough it looks like your photos. Good post. I think Josh had one fabricated out of steel. Maybe that's the way go for those of us that use the WE alot in a professional manner.

i have been having the same problem also. 6 months 2 weeks ago #15395

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it would also be desirable to have steel rod holders as opposed to the aluminium ones the stainless allen screws would be more suited to steel than aluminium .
I think it would be desirable to have both the vice & the rod holders in steel as an optional extra since these would be more suited to heavy users .
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by LeoBarr.

i have been having the same problem also. 6 months 2 weeks ago #15398

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 307
DanMaloon wrote:
I've noticed for the last 2 months or so the blade moving in the vise as it is tightened but never stopped to look at it. Sure enough it looks like your photos. Good post. I think Josh had one fabricated out of steel. Maybe that's the way go for those of us that use the WE alot in a professional manner.

Good memory Dan :-) yeah I SERIOUSLY clamp down on some things and have yet to bend it... We need someone with a mill that can make them for Clay...

i have been having the same problem also. 6 months 2 weeks ago #15399

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds just why we need !
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds