Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Shows

TOPIC: My summer trip - Lots of sharpening fun!

My summer trip - Lots of sharpening fun! 1 year 8 months ago #4164

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Hello again, everyone! I'm finally back home after literally running around the world a couple of times, and stopping in on a few states along the way!

It started off in early June with the Blade show, where I met up with Clay and Kay - just to mention a few names. Here's the writeup, which I already posted a while back.

10 days after the Blade show, I was back in the States on a 3 week whirlwind tour that started off at Chicago's Northwestern University for a sharpening seminar, and I met up with a local sharpener as well as meeting up in person with a knife forum member. Here's that writeup.

I left Chicago and headed straight to Houston Texas, where I gave another reed knife sharpening seminar. It's a little off the usual knife sharpening path for most people here, but it was a great time! Here's that writeup.

Then a 2 day rest, where I literally slept one of them away before having our Sharpening Party, which included Ken Schwartz and Ron Swartz (not related!) We also had a local sharpener, John Fortune, and a very accomplished Japanese Sword polisher. We also had a couple of international guests vis Skype. Read all about it here!

If you're not sitting down yet, there's more! The final leg of the trip took me to Sharpsville, PA to see knife maker G. Nicholas Sass, where he made me a knife. I then headed through to Ohio for a double reed convention, and was even able to squeeze in an all too short lunch meeting with Nasty, a supermod over on the knife forums. There's also a video of him giving me some much needed sharpening pointers! And the biggest surprise was seeing a representative for the WICKED EDGE at the show - and it wasn't me!!!

So for those of you waiting for your Chosera WEPS stones, they will be in the mail to Clay tomorrow! I hope you can understand why they have been out of stock for so long....

Now I need to get caught up on all the action here!
B)
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by jendeindustries. Reason: Forgot Robert Huffman!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My summer trip - Lots of sharpening fun! 1 year 8 months ago #4168

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Hey Tom, good to read you’re back. You’ve been missed ;) . Obviously I had read your travel post already and great to read you had such a good time! I guess more than one person here was getting envious...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds