Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk)

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 2 weeks ago #15264

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
I have one of those fantastic machine I would not sharpen it although if you do I would do it by hand it certainly won't fit in a WE I also think if the thermomix is working properly and your not either overfilling it of running it too fast it will cope with almost everything; only fill it halfway especially with minced meat it is really sticky .
My thermomix is around 30 years old I got it second hand and whilst the blades are not sharp it copes with most things.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: razoredgeknives

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 2 weeks ago #15292

• Mikedoh
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Josh, any feedback from your customer?

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 2 weeks ago #15314

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 183
Mikedoh wrote:
Josh, any feedback from your customer?

Not yet... I just emailed him though :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikedoh

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 2 weeks ago #15320

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
You could just sharpen them by hand using either the WE stones or some small stones. I have sharpened someones blender blades this way and got them near razor sharp it took about 20 minutes(with Arkansas stones for wood working tools) . I do repeat that my thermomix is about thirty years old and the blades are unsharpened and it works perfectly as long as it is not overfilled . I would not and will not sharpen mine; I am betting that if you got a new thermomix the blades would not be sharp the motor is very powerful lots of torque and the speed when can be varies on a scale of 1-10 it will blitz the seeds on strawberries as it is .
The other thing to consider it is German precision made and it is possible the machine may well not work if the blades are unbalanced I suspect the user is overloading the machine it should be not much more than half full in operation .
When I first got it I overladen it with minced beef and it stopped working altogether either it overheated or it felt there was too much resistance these machines are over a 1000€ new and are built to last .
My own feeling is don't try to sharpen them .

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 1 week ago #15327

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
LeoBarr wrote:
You could just sharpen them by hand using either the WE stones or some small stones. I have sharpened someones blender blades this way and got them near razor sharp it took about 20 minutes(with Arkansas stones for wood working tools) . I do repeat that my thermomix is about thirty years old and the blades are unsharpened and it works perfectly as long as it is not overfilled . I would not and will not sharpen mine; I am betting that if you got a new thermomix the blades would not be sharp the motor is very powerful lots of torque and the speed when can be varies on a scale of 1-10 it will blitz the seeds on strawberries as it is .
The other thing to consider it is German precision made and it is possible the machine may well not work if the blades are unbalanced I suspect the user is overloading the machine it should be not much more than half full in operation .
When I first got it I overladen it with minced beef and it stopped working altogether either it overheated or it felt there was too much resistance these machines are over a 1000€ new and are built to last .
My own feeling is don't try to sharpen them .

Leo, you're a genius lol.

I recently got feedback from him, he said that it it cuts amazingly but that at the higher speeds it causes vibration (due to me not balancing the blades).. I really need to disassemble it to sharpen and balance it, which appears pretty straight forward. But my only reservation is that I might disassemble it and then not be able to get it back together. I told him that I did not want to attend that unless I could afford to replace the blade. Leo, do you have any idea how much the replacement blades cost?

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 1 week ago #15329

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
ScreenShot2014-01-07at08.34.07.png

www.mcc-shop.com/Thermomix/E-Teile-Thermomix-e it did not take me long to find these second link on google I came across so 60-80 € seems a ball park figure.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by LeoBarr. Reason: figures

How would you sharpen this? (Thermomix Vorwerk) 3 months 1 week ago #15338

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Leo! I found that he has the TM21 model. About $92 from Amazon. I may attempt disassembly at some point... I'll keep you posted on this thread :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeoBarr
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds