Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 4 months 1 week ago #15023

• FredHermann
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Thanks all, no idea why...but my browser couldn't find him.
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BobNash

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 4 months 5 days ago #15029

• bobguyman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Kudos here as well to Bob. He's helped me on a few occasions and went above and beyond what anyone else would have done.

I ordered two pairs of glass paddles for taping paper on and it works perfectly. I didn't even know it was an option until Bob spent awhile with me on the phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, BobNash

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 4 months 4 days ago #15030

• razoredgeknives
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 181
Here's another shout out to Bob... He runs a jam up business that all of us could take notes from!

About a year or year and aa half ago I ordered 2 paddles outfitted with the 5k and 10k chosera combination... Well just the other day I noticed that on one of my 5k stones the ends had started separating from the aluminum plate underneath... I pushed the end down to see if there was any flex (stupid me) and check out what happened (in the pic).... Well I contacted Bob and he immediately offered to replace not only one, but BOTH of my 5k stones just "so they would be the same thickness". That's jam up customer service!

Last Edit: 4 months 4 days ago by razoredgeknives.

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 4 months 4 days ago #15037

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Firstly excellent service for Oldawan Tools.

Not meaning to teach anyone how to suck eggs - some pointers on care
Only use cold water on them do not soak for too long.
Dry in a cool place with air circulation around the stone .
Do not dry in sunlight since this will cause uneven drying which could cause damage .
Do not store in a place where is may go below freezing temperatures
Do not store damp especially in cardboard since mould can grow .
Note how concrete walls crack over time due to weathering - extreme temperatures etc

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 3 months 4 days ago #15386

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
I gotta tell you I'm on my feet and applauding Bob! You see Bob is out of town this weekend for a knife show. I called Saturday cause I have worn out my 400/600 stones. All at once one of the 400's just went bald? So Bob in an attempt to save me time and not waiting till he got back to the office sent me one of two sets he had with him from the show. I'm telling you if everyone ran their company like Bob does his, this would be a much better world!!!
As far as the stone wearing out, I think it was about time? I have had it for a year and average about 3-4 knives a day. I actually think I did pretty good. I think it will be time to order the 100/200 pretty soon too. They make me about $20+ a day, so at $65 for replacements it is a cheap investment. ;)
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 2 months 1 week ago #15799

• FullDraw78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I've purchased every bit of my WE system from Bob and he's always fantastic to work with. Started with the PP1, then upgraded arms, ceramic stones, balsa/ leather strops.....maybe I should stop there before my wife sees this! :)
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by FullDraw78.

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 2 months 1 week ago #15802

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Yes otherwise you will have to buy her an expensive handbag !

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 2 months 1 week ago #15810

• KenBuzbee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
LeoBarr wrote:
Yes otherwise you will have to buy her an expensive handbag !

If only it stopped at a handbag..... ;)

Ken

... and I totally agree. Bob rocks it!
玉鋼
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by KenBuzbee.

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 2 months 1 week ago #15816

• GibCurry
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Gib
  • Thank you received: 58
razoredgeknives wrote:
Here's another shout out to Bob... He runs a jam up business that all of us could take notes from!

Like the man said, here's another shout out to Bob...... and the fine folks at WickedEdge.

Over the holidays, my nephew visited. Having already heard of the WE, I set up his new Spyderco. When we used the angle cube to set the angles, he tightened the left fine adjusting screw so tight it stripped the threads and, essentially, rendered the left side fine adjustment useless.

$eeing as this was so definitely NOT a warranty issue. $o, I emailed Bob with some photos of exactly what was wrong and what needed replacing and asked him how much the damage was going to co$t me.

He wrote back that he'd contacted WickedEdge and they were going to replace it under warranty. Three days later the part showed up and I am back to full functionality.

I don't recall how many times I had to remind Bob that I knew this isn't a warranty issue but user abuse. And, he and the folks at WE all seem to insist that it be covered under warranty.

That's service above and beyond the call.

I came for the Wicked Edges; I stay to help support this family of sharpeners....

Thanks for everything....
~~~~

For Now,

Gib

Ï•

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

"My goal is to be a good, practical knife sharpener. My dream is to polish molecules."

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 2 months 1 week ago #15864

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
Okay, I have to give one more shout out to Bob. Last week after ordering new 400/600 stones it mad me realize that I had wore out my 100/200 stones. The 400's were more coarse then my 100's. So I left Bob a voice mail (VM) Friday Eve to drop them in the mail to me. Well Saturday night I realized I had made a boo boo in my checking account and I had to put the brakes on now! So I left anther VM Sunday "wait till Monday as I have to get to the bank".
Bob called back to my VM on Monday and said " I put them in the mail and we could get to the checking account latter he just wanted to make sure I had them in case I needed them".
Now obviously I have had to work my way up to this relationship with Bob, but I have to tell you customer service just does not get any better then Bob and Oldawan Tools! If everyone ran their companies like Bob runs his company, this would be a totally different and better world! :woohoo:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds