Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: going legit

going legit 10 months 4 weeks ago #14493

  • snokid
  • snokid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Josh, did you do a LLC?
If you did why did you go with the limited liability corp?
second part of the question if you did go the llc route did you get insurance? If you did I'm thinking you went with about 1,000,000,000 umbrella policy if you don't mind what did that set you back a year?
I have come up with a couple of names nothing really concrete yet, I'm going out of town for about a week, going to be doing what max does treasure hunting but lots of free time to ponder my name choices. Will have 2 picked by the time I get back and down to the court house to register it.
Then on to the business cards.
thanks for all the help so far guys.
Bob
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeoBarr

going legit 10 months 4 weeks ago #14511

  • razoredgeknives
  • razoredgeknives's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 808
  • Thank you received: 381
  • Karma: 40
snokid wrote:
Josh, did you do a LLC?
If you did why did you go with the limited liability corp?
second part of the question if you did go the llc route did you get insurance? If you did I'm thinking you went with about 1,000,000,000 umbrella policy if you don't mind what did that set you back a year?
I have come up with a couple of names nothing really concrete yet, I'm going out of town for about a week, going to be doing what max does treasure hunting but lots of free time to ponder my name choices. Will have 2 picked by the time I get back and down to the court house to register it.
Then on to the business cards.
thanks for all the help so far guys.
Bob

I went with an LLC because I couldn't afford insurance and it still offered me some civil liability coverage (if I get sued then it's just my business and not my personal stuff I'll lose).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

going legit 10 months 3 weeks ago #14576

  • zig
  • zig's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 126
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 12
A few cents on a name.
In todays internet search world, you may want to consider what a client would think as far as sharpening word wise.
Ideally "xyz knife sharpening" would be great, as you know if clients are gonna search for knife sharpening, certain words are bound to be used.

I included sharpening in the name, then rely on knife, service, scissor, edge, sharp etc in the language.
Typical Organic SEO.

Cards, I like it short and sweet, and finally got around to making a logo that will eventually be consistent on every scrap of info.


zbs_Business_Card_rgb_Final.png
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeoBarr

going legit 10 months 3 weeks ago #14577

  • razoredgeknives
  • razoredgeknives's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 808
  • Thank you received: 381
  • Karma: 40
zig wrote:
A few cents on a name.
In todays internet search world, you may want to consider what a client would think as far as sharpening word wise.
Ideally "xyz knife sharpening" would be great, as you know if clients are gonna search for knife sharpening, certain words are bound to be used.

I included sharpening in the name, then rely on knife, service, scissor, edge, sharp etc in the language.
Typical Organic SEO.

Cards, I like it short and sweet, and finally got around to making a logo that will eventually be consistent on every scrap of info.


zbs_Business_Card_rgb_Final.png

Card/logo looks great ziggy! Did you mean to put "send us a mail" instead of "send us an email"? Just curious :-) but I think it looks great... You are absolutely correct about having your keywords settup on your website... It will greatly help.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by razoredgeknives.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zig

going legit 10 months 3 weeks ago #14579

  • zig
  • zig's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 126
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 12
razoredgeknives wrote:
Card/logo looks great ziggy! Did you mean to put "send us a mail" instead of "send us an email"? Just curious :-) but I think it looks great... You are absolutely correct about having your keywords settup on your website... It will greatly help.

Thanks Josh!

I'm being a bit cheeky with it, I hope if they read it it makes them think.
Kinda like miSpeling and typoeing a word.
Plus I wanted it to be different than just email.

Words I wanted to use as bullets, once they see sharpening service twice, and the logo, the rest are bullet points.
Wanted them to know more than just knives so threw in Cutlery, plus scissors, shears.

If I can get them to the site, then will drill them down to other things, maybe even sell things.
I need to update the site to match the look of the card.

Next headache, figuring out how to remake the site in html5 .. responsive for those damn phones and tablets :sick:
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
The administrator has disabled public write access.

going legit 10 months 3 weeks ago #14580

  • zig
  • zig's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 126
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 12
tuffybraithwaite wrote:

SLEEVESBUNDLE.jpg

Tuffy,
Where did you get your sleeves from, Safety Products?
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
The administrator has disabled public write access.

going legit 10 months 2 days ago #14836

  • snokid
  • snokid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
yhea those are from safety products.

update.
got home from hunting got name figured out.
need to get to courthouse and register the name.
got samples from safety products, have to figure out what to order and place my order.


Darn people keep bringing me their hunting knifes can't get a free moment to get the business side of this done.
should settle down now that season has started
The administrator has disabled public write access.

going legit 10 months 6 hours ago #14842

  • razoredgeknives
  • razoredgeknives's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 808
  • Thank you received: 381
  • Karma: 40
Lol... Don't keep us in suspense, what name did you end up going with?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

going legit 9 months 3 weeks ago #14932

  • snokid
  • snokid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
just got back from the county clerk...
I went with
splitting hairs sharpening
0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

going legit 9 months 3 weeks ago #14933

  • snokid
  • snokid's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Josh could you send me your bother in laws contact info?
thanks
Bob
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds