• Page:

TOPIC: The Fare today: Knifezilla - ripper of a day

Re:Re: The Fare today: Knifezilla - ripper of a day 1 year 3 weeks ago #13902

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
tuffybraithwaite wrote:
cbwx34 wrote:
I'm curious, your stone longevity doesn't seem to be as long as Clays... Have you talked to him about that?

Also, are you, or have you considered moving the stones "down the chain"? Since they don't wear out, but just seem to get finer, (for a while anyway), I would think you could still get use out of them. So then, all you would have to replace is the more coarse ones?

Mostly thinking out loud here. :)
curtis
i move them down when at home working, but at the fares...........no

since jeb helped me out, at fares it is locked in at 24* and normally i start out at 100/200 - 400/600 - both ceramics: done - this is on most kitchen knives.
now yesterday i had a flock of nice globals and i finished with 800/1000 the ceramics and quick leather.
i have not contacted clay, but my new 400/600's seem to be holding up ok for now.

Tuffy when you say "both ceramics" do you mean 1200/1600 and micro's or one or the other?
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Re: The Fare today: Knifezilla - ripper of a day 1 year 2 weeks ago #13942

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 132
EamonMcGowan wrote:
tuffybraithwaite wrote:
cbwx34 wrote:
I'm curious, your stone longevity doesn't seem to be as long as Clays... Have you talked to him about that?

Also, are you, or have you considered moving the stones "down the chain"? Since they don't wear out, but just seem to get finer, (for a while anyway), I would think you could still get use out of them. So then, all you would have to replace is the more coarse ones?

Mostly thinking out loud here. :)
curtis
i move them down when at home working, but at the fares...........no

since jeb helped me out, at fares it is locked in at 24* and normally i start out at 100/200 - 400/600 - both ceramics: done - this is on most kitchen knives.
now yesterday i had a flock of nice globals and i finished with 800/1000 the ceramics and quick leather.
i have not contacted clay, but my new 400/600's seem to be holding up ok for now.

Tuffy when you say "both ceramics" do you mean 1200/1600 and micro's or one or the other?
Eamon
the 1200/1600 and coarse/fine.

You remember back you asked about the big fare.....here is copy of email i got.
i will probably move out there soon....maybe 3 days a week. i have to determine when. i am heading thre now.
see you.
Hi Tuffy,

No insurance is not required, but you should get a business license from commissioner of revenue. You are not required to be here at any particular time to set up. It is completely up to you. The rent for a space underneath the pavilion is $ 25.00 for the day/$ 40.00 for the week. If you pay the weekly fee, you are welcome to be at anytime during the week. We have an event this Sat. Apple Extravaganza, from 11-3. This might be a good time to begin. When we know that you are coming, we will post it to facebook. Also please note that October 26th is our annual Harvest Fair. The pavilion will not be available during this event, but we are offering uncovered spots out in the parking lot for vendors at $15.00 per spot.

When you are ready, please come by the market office to fill out a vendor form for approval!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Mindy
<"))))><(

Re:Re: The Fare today: Knifezilla - ripper of a day 1 year 2 weeks ago #13944

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 238
That sounds good Tuffy you can keep plundering as well !!

The Fare today: Knifezilla - ripper of a day 1 year 2 weeks ago #13952

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Tuffy, that looks like a good deal for three days a week? They want $20 for one > three hour day on Saturday late afternoon. It is 6 miles away from me. There are several more around me, but I would like to get my feet wet with this one.
I was telling a friend who is willing to be my "barker" for me till I get smooth with it, "I just want to knock off Tuffy, there's no sense in redesigning the wheel!" We can turn you into a franchise...same tables umbrella and banner. I'm even going to have recycled knives! ;) :lol:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

The Fare today: Knifezilla - ripper of a day 1 year 2 weeks ago #13960

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 132
EamonMcGowan wrote:
Tuffy, that looks like a good deal for three days a week? They want $20 for one > three hour day on Saturday late afternoon. It is 6 miles away from me. There are several more around me, but I would like to get my feet wet with this one.
I was telling a friend who is willing to be my "barker" for me till I get smooth with it, "I just want to knock off Tuffy, there's no sense in redesigning the wheel!" We can turn you into a franchise...same tables umbrella and banner. I'm even going to have recycled knives! ;) :lol:
kewl beans
<"))))><(
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds