Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marketing

Marketing 1 year 1 month ago #13448

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 389
Oh yeah, the lady at Hancock said that if it works out well, they have another store in the next city over that wants me to do the same thing!

It was funny... after talking to her a bit, she said something along the lines of "well I might bring you my nice kitchen knives" lol.

you can make good money at scissor sharpening guys... if you don't do it yet, look into it. On the TAS you can get your time down to 2-3 minutes/pair.

I am wanting to start hitting up alteration shops next, and eventually mid to high end restaurants (this is where the WEPS will come into play B) B) )
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EamonMcGowan

Marketing 1 year 1 month ago #13458

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 125
There are those magnetic signs also for your vehicle. And those static cling signs for windows. Just want to make sure for the magnetic ones that the area is clean. Can still show a difference in paint color because of fading from the sun, but lets you return the vehicle to "yours" at the end of the day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: razoredgeknives, EamonMcGowan

Marketing 1 year 1 month ago #13481

• DanMaloon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
I had my different die cuts made at www.speedgraphics.net/

Designed different t-shirts at www.spreadshirt.com/
They had the best T-shirt making program I thought

Made my website at www.vistaprint.com
I've used them for years. Got my cards and banners made there.
They have alot of stuff. I like how the site was formatted for mobile devices and other
Features it has like tracking locations. I know it's still pretty plain and needs
More content but I've been busy.

All my advertising online is free right now and its working pretty good with
Some places referring more traffic then others. My whole goal is to avoid ppc and optimize
Everything for search engines. I do run small ads in about 10 papers every other
Month but honestly print is a dying breed and has never returned much business.
There's definitely more that im doing and trying but that stuff is for more personal conversations.
hope something here helps
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by DanMaloon.

Marketing 1 year 3 weeks ago #13812

• JedBowen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I just posted on the WEPS and scissor sharpening thread about my scissor adventure. So I took the leap into the scissor sharpening market and purchaced the Twice as Sharp and boy does it work well. It ran $300 for the standard model but I made $200 sharpening scissors the first week I had it. So hopefully by the end of next week it will have paid for itself. I am charging $5 for standard sharpening. $8 to take apart and sharpen and lube the scissors and $10 to sharpen, lube and paint the metal handles black. So this is a business one can get into easily and make money if you go look for work doing scissors.

Marketing 1 year 3 weeks ago #13815

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
JedBowen wrote:
I just posted on the WEPS and scissor sharpening thread about my scissor adventure. So I took the leap into the scissor sharpening market and purchaced the Twice as Sharp and boy does it work well. It ran $300 for the standard model but I made $200 sharpening scissors the first week I had it. So hopefully by the end of next week it will have paid for itself. I am charging $5 for standard sharpening. $8 to take apart and sharpen and lube the scissors and $10 to sharpen, lube and paint the metal handles black. So this is a business one can get into easily and make money if you go look for work doing scissors.

Congrats Jed on your new adventure and of coarse a great $$$ week :woohoo:

Funny you post this, as I just got my TAS professional in today. I agonized as to with model to get? And went with the professional at $390. I just sharpened three pairs of scissors I had laying around the house. Two came out screaming sharp and the one pair..well lets just say I made a boo boo. :ohmy:
I was really surprised as to how compact it really is? I thought it would be the size of a regular grinder? It will be super easy to tote around! I'm really excited..I really had no idea that my knife sharpening hobby would turn into something more? I don't want a full time business, but I do love my toys and this would help me get them :silly:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JedBowen

Marketing 1 year 3 weeks ago #13854

• JedBowen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Eamon, congrats on your new TAS. I have done all of the scissors in my house along with my big tin snips too then I worked on my families scissors. I found that with the small very pointy scissors you can burn the tips very easily and need light pressure and a quick pass across the grinding stone. My learning curve was about using light pressure to not overheat the metal. Need to try big loppers next

Marketing 1 year 3 weeks ago #13862

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Jed, same here. I burned the ends of a old barber's pair. Real thin on the ends! I was chatting with Josh, who has a buddy who has worked for TAS for 15 years. Josh says he can work a set on the grinding wheel for
3-5 minutes and the never get to warm to ever handle. He told me as light a touch as possible.
I have to tell you I am a very happy camper! I can not believe how fast and how sharp they become! :woohoo:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds