Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Photos

TOPIC: Kershaw Shuffle 3800

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 3 weeks ago #13699

• DARRELLALLEN
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 35
B)

Here is a new little knife I picked up at Wally World for about $14 or so........has a bottle opener and a flat headed screwdriver tip on the handle end........a little cheapy, but kinda cool and small enough to be useful as an every day utility cutter. I put ( if I'm remembering right ) an 36 degree inclusive edge on it, so 18 per side, starting with the 100 / 200 diamonds up through the super fine ceramics........no stropping on this one.
h020754f.JPG

h0f02d37.jpg

h2df9cc6.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 3 weeks ago #13701

• mark76
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Nice little knife! Not a bad edge either ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DARRELLALLEN

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 3 weeks ago #13707

• JackMontrose
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Darrell, aprox. how many strokes with the ceramics does it take to get that finish? I see some scratches but, it has a nice reflective edge. B)

Jack

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 3 weeks ago #13710

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Good looking EDC bargain price.

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 2 weeks ago #13715

• Bobg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
At first glance I thought it had that hook blade that a rescue knife would have for cutting a seat belt, similar to a gut hook on a hunting knife.

Nice edge!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DARRELLALLEN

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 2 weeks ago #13720

• DARRELLALLEN
  • Expert Boarder
JackMontrose wrote:
Darrell, aprox. how many strokes with the ceramics does it take to get that finish? I see some scratches but, it has a nice reflective edge. B)

Jack

Your correct Jack, I cannot ever get rid of all the scratches with my PP2 setup, but I do still get a nice reflective edge though. I don't really count my strokes as I just go by feel pretty much........but I would guess maybe 20 or 25 per side using the Super Fine and then the Micro Fine ceramics. :unsure:

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 2 weeks ago #13721

• DARRELLALLEN
  • Expert Boarder
extreme bargain price Leo. :cheer:

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 2 weeks ago #13723

• JackMontrose
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Darell, I have the same PP2 but, it's only a week old so the stones are still pretty agressive. I have been spending a little more time with the 800 - 1000 diamons and the ceramics, but my finish is not as good as yours yet. I haven't gotten to the strops yet; still getting used to the system (done 12 knives so far). They are extreamly sharp (wich is what I care most about) however, I want to get to the pretty stage soon, just for the fun of it. :)

Jack

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 2 weeks ago #13725

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
JackMontrose wrote:
Thanks Darell, I have the same PP2 but, it's only a week old so the stones are still pretty agressive. I have been spending a little more time with the 800 - 1000 diamons and the ceramics, but my finish is not as good as yours yet. I haven't gotten to the strops yet; still getting used to the system (done 12 knives so far). They are extreamly sharp (wich is what I care most about) however, I want to get to the pretty stage soon, just for the fun of it. :)

Jack

Jack break that stuff out! :woohoo: Jump in with both feet. You will be amazed at how easy it really is? :P If you have questions just ask? :unsure: All the old timers on here are just waiting to help out. B)
But most of all have fun! :cheer:
Eamon
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackMontrose

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 2 weeks ago #13727

• JackMontrose
  • Senior Boarder
I will, maybe tomorrow :unsure: I have been having alot of fun just getting my knives very very sharp. I have been a little intimidated with stropping though. Just don't want to ruin them first time out, however I think I'm ready to take the plunge. Thanks for the incuragement, I guess its about that time. :)
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds