Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BestSharpeningStones.com

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 4 months ago #9862

• MelvinSharp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I placed my Order on Thursday, October 11, 2012. I was charged and never got my order in. I have called and never got a responce from them. I have sent them messages and still nothing. I just want my things I ordered.

Melvin Sharp
Melvin Sharp
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikedoh

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 4 months ago #9863

• JoseFuste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Jose
  • Thank you received: 5
It is weird, just order the 1200/1600 stones from them and they delivered very quick.:)

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 4 months ago #9864

That's disappointing that people are having issues again.

I'm extremely happy with my setup here (although I'm considering the finer stones/strops) and everything turned out well for me once Clay stepped in to make it right.

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 4 months ago #9870

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
MelvinSharp wrote:
I placed my Order on Thursday, October 11, 2012. I was charged and never got my order in. I have called and never got a responce from them. I have sent them messages and still nothing. I just want my things I ordered.

Melvin Sharp

Checking on this right now...
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: MelvinSharp

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 4 months ago #10080

• MelvinSharp
  • Fresh Boarder
Clay were you ever able to find out anything about my order from this company? The order number is 102236.

Thanks Melvin
Melvin Sharp

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 4 months ago #10082

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
MelvinSharp wrote:
Clay were you ever able to find out anything about my order from this company? The order number is 102236.

Thanks Melvin

I asked Kay to check on it. Will follow up this morning.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: MelvinSharp

Broken 1600 grit stones and NO response...! 1 year 3 months ago #10228

Here's another case of poor customer service for Bestsharpeningstones.com.

I was using my new Wicked Edge sharpener that I bought from them for the 3rd time about a week ago. While I was finishing up the 2nd knife with the 1600 grip ceramic stones, I noticed a weird noise. I thought it was the arm, as that was a little loose. I tightened it up and kept going. On the next pass, the stone broke off on the left side. At first I thought It was just the glue that failed, but the stone actually cracked in half. See picture below:

I have left several messages for Mike (owner), and fired off several emails this week and have gotten no response. Please let me know how I can get either a refund or new stone.

**NOTE: I just did a search, and noticed he's not a BBB accredited business, but has an F rating and 26 complaints filed against him! If I would have found that out beforehand, I would have taken my business elsewhere. Link here: http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/internet-shopping/best-sharpening-stones-in-new-providence-nj-90032552

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 3 months ago #10230

• Bluewater
  • Fresh Boarder
Just to update everyone on my order with BSS, I ended up receiving a refund from Paypal after filing a claim against them. It had been 15 days since they sent me a tracking number for a non-existent package.

I never received any type of response from multiple emails and not even after filing the dispute with Paypal.

The people at Wicked Edge are really tarnishing their brand by being associated with BSS...

I would strongly recommend that people who have had issues with BSS file a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General. You can very easily file a consumer protection complaint at www.nj.gov/oag/ca/complaint/ocp.pdf

Anyway, after receiving my refund from Paypal I went ahead and placed an order for the same items with Oldawan.com. I actually received my order in 2 days and was extremely impressed by their customer service. Highly recommend them
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 3 months ago #10234

• KenBuzbee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
Sorry to hear about the problems you've had!
Bluewater wrote:
I went ahead and placed an order for the same items with Oldawan.com. I actually received my order in 2 days and was extremely impressed by their customer service. Highly recommend them

Yep! Bob is a class act all the way. Glad you got it sorted.

Ken
玉鋼

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 1 year 3 months ago #10238

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 193
Can't say enough good things about Bob @ Oldawans! Been dealing with Bob from the very start of this ocd. It has never been longer then 2 days to get my stuff and the customer service has been at the highest level it can be!! I wouldn't even think of buying some place else!!!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds