Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Workstation layout

Workstation layout 7 months 2 weeks ago #16382

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Quoddy99 wrote:
I just changed my main workbench to include plenty of space for my WEPS.

My reloading equipment is being set up in a new location.

You know you have gone down the rabbit hole when the reloading bench gets moved! :P
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Workstation layout 7 months 2 weeks ago #16402

• VoodooDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Quoddy99 wrote:
The coffee roaster toward the other end couldn't be moved since the window and necessary exhaust fan is directly above it.

Is that a Quest I see sitting there? Home Barista much? :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quoddy99

Workstation layout 7 months 2 weeks ago #16403

• Quoddy99
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Not many people would even know that's a Quest M3. Not many of them out there. A HotTop is on the back porch, but hasn't been used much since getting the Quest

Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Quoddy99.

Workstation layout 7 months 2 weeks ago #16412

• VoodooDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
The M3 is a great machine, I think I'll roast me up a batch of monkey blend this weekend :P

Workstation layout 7 months 2 weeks ago #16417

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 241
That is certainly some coffee roaster I have not ascended to that level yet . I do however have this great coffee expresso machine.
I think it will take a while before I would be allowed to buy that M3.
Silviaportrait1.jpg

Workstation layout 7 months 3 days ago #16619

• Quoddy99
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
A slight update to my setup. Based on the hex driver used for the micro adjustment shown earlier in this thread, I bought a fluted dowel, cut it in half, drilled a hole in it, and then inserted and super-glued a cut off 1/8" hex shaft into it. Wish I'd trimmed the shaft a little shorter, but this is how it will remain. Notice that I now have the foam insulation strip on both the front and back edges of the granite. No more slamming into the edge when the stones fall.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mark76, Craigf

Workstation layout 7 months 2 days ago #16626

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 257
Lookin' good Quoddy99. I was looking for something similar to the WE double-ended allen key tooly, when tonight I found a very similar tool (but for Torx screws) in a Jantz catalog. I went to the manufacturer's site and they have 'em listed for less than $4 (plus who knows how much for shipping costs). Maybe the handles are a little too big.

www.wihatools.com/300seri/334serin.htm

I already have the screwdriver-like tools from McMaster.com which are a little too long, but are really comfortable to use.

Rather than using a nylon or brass-tipped set screw (I see you're using the same screws as for the angle blocks) I simply cut a short piece of electrical wire insulation (as in very short and no pun intended) and stuffed them in under the original phillips head screws. When tightened down, it does a great job of acting as a brake on the micro-adjust screws. No chance of bumping anything out of adjustment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Workstation layout 5 months 1 week ago #17346

• tower
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. I am brand new here. Just received my PP2 yesterday. I assembling it, my vice key broke. Looks like the metal had a serious cavity. Anyway, your locking levers look beautiful but I can't find them using the Mc-Carr search function. :( Could you please tell me the M-C name for them or part number? Thank you, in advance. ;)
tower,
~out.

Workstation layout 5 months 1 week ago #17347

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
The trick is to know the general category, which turned out to be "handles." You'll find them at:

www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/2230/=rvkpoa

I chose the 303 Stainless version, a bit pricey at $17.93 each: part no. 6522K28

A die-cast zinc version is only $5.

I added a threaded phenolic knob to let me spin the screw more rapidly but I had to modify it. I think voodoodaddy had a better solution. Try to find his version, which was the inspiration for this.

If I had it to do over, I'd try it without the knob first. You can always add it later.

Workstation layout 5 months 1 week ago #17348

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
As long as I have the McMaster site open, I reviewed my knob choices. I chose the only knob they had which was threaded for 10-32.

Next time, I'd chose a stainless version in 10-24, drill out the threads, make it a through-hole and epoxy the knob to the handle's screw. Part no. 60205K64
It doesn't need to be a strong joint, as you'll only spin it with the tips of your fingers.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by tcmeyer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tower
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds