Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Storing Leather Strops

Storing Leather Strops 9 months 3 days ago #14578

• StevenCorpstein
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
How do you guys store your leather strops to keep the diamond paste from contaminating the other side? I am sliding mine in a hard shell case that has holes vertically to put them in and I don't want the paste to smear on the foam.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Storing Leather Strops 9 months 3 days ago #14585

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
I place mine fine side against fine side, and then into a Baggie . . . Into a slot sized for them in a plastic box.

Storing Leather Strops 9 months 2 days ago #14586

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 193
Same side to same side, in a baggie. Clay was working on some strop boxes but they have not been announced yet? A lot of us are really anxious to buy them! :woohoo: Hint hint Clay ;)
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Re:Storing Leather Strops 7 months 6 hours ago #15214

• Davidghemail
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
StevenCorpstein wrote:
How do you guys store your leather strops to keep the diamond paste from contaminating the other side? I am sliding mine in a hard shell case that has holes vertically to put them in and I don't want the paste to smear on the foam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Storing Leather Strops 7 months 6 hours ago #15215

• Davidghemail
  • Junior Boarder
StevenCorpstein wrote:
yes, I'm curious too as I am getting the new wicked edge hard case with vertical slots as well. Could you put them in an individual plastic bag and slide them into the slot? Or could this contaminate them inside the Baggie? Thanks.

Last Edit: 7 months 6 hours ago by Davidghemail.

Re:Storing Leather Strops 6 months 3 weeks ago #15299

• Davidghemail
  • Junior Boarder
Davidghemail wrote:
StevenCorpstein wrote:
yes, I'm curious too as I am getting the new wicked edge hard case with vertical slots as well. Could you put them in an individual plastic bag and slide them into the slot? Or could this contaminate them inside the Baggie? Thanks.

im curious about this too as I have a new hard case coming soon. Anyone?

Davidghemail

Storing Leather Strops 6 months 3 weeks ago #15304

• Ryan Nerfherder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Yea that's the problem with baggies - the inside of the Baggie is coated with the paste so the only mitigation is to keep two sides together rubber banded to minimize cross contamination from the coated Baggie.

Storing Leather Strops 6 months 3 weeks ago #15340

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 140
I found these trays in a Grizzly Industries catalog. Grizzly proclaims themselves to be purveyors of fine machinery. Despite my buying habits here at WE, I'm a pretty frugal guy and am not averse to buying cheap stuff and Grizzly sells cheap stuff. This looks like a good solution for a non-portable operation.

It's got five compartments, each 7-5/16" L x 2-7/16" W x 3/4" H. Each compartment should be big enough for two blocks and maybe the paste syringes.

Check it out at: www.grizzly.com/products/5-Slot-Angled-T...y-2-1-2-Slots/T10073

5-slotoaktray.jpg

One of these trays would fit pretty well on the top of their H8252 4-Drawer Oak Chest with Dividers ($64), which would likely hold the rest of my Wicked Edge gear.

I'll order one of the trays to try it out. At $18, I'm sure they're made in China, so I'll be watching the quality and will post a follow-up note here. If it's junk, I'll toss it on the pile of wood scraps I save for cool summer nights at the fire pit. If it's OK, I'll buy the chest as well and let you know the results of that venture as well.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds