Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Im New & Need Help...

Re: Im New & Need Help... 1 year 10 months ago #5802

• ApexGS
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
About recurved blades:

If anyone is familiar with the SOG Toothlock, I did one on the WEPS last week for a friend and it worked well. Being the first recurved blade I tried, I was very careful with it and only matched the factory grind as best as I could. I used the Pro Pack contents starting at the 400 stones to match and raise a burr, up to the 1000 stone and the 5um and 3.5um strops. The only area which required more care was the heel of the blade, really. It didn't come out perfect, but the edge is much better than factory and looks nice too :)

It's tough to see in this picture because of the angle (I am not a photographer :silly: ) but the recurve is more pronounced than the picture lets on.

Your friendly neighborhood gunsmith!
- Tom
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by ApexGS. Reason: info!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark76

Re: Im New & Need Help... 1 year 10 months ago #5811

• ARES
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well now Clay added the upgrade to the page, and IF I understand correctly, only the Pro Pack 2 comes with the upgrades.. all others will have to buy it separately. But the price on the upgrade kit isnt bad at all. My price limit $500 is shattered though. :lol: Oh well, I really believe that it will be worth every penny. Thanks again for all of your help! BTW, the links are working now and thank you for them, they are much help.

^I didnt notice there was a second page with Clay answering this himself. :lol:

About my User name and profile, it wont let me change it.. maybe because of IE (as stated above by Billabong).
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by ARES.

Re: Im New & Need Help... 1 year 10 months ago #5813

• Billabong
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 49
angeltellez wrote:
About my User name and profile, it wont let me change it.. maybe because of IE (as stated above by Billabong).

It will be IE, can you try Chrome or FireFox?

Simply greyed out, perhaps Clay can refer this to the WebMaster?

Re: Im New & Need Help... 1 year 10 months ago #5816

• ARES
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I got it! I forgot I had Chrome on my computer too, I just never really use it. But I switched to Chrome and got it working. Thank you very much!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds