Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other!

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #1069

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 209
Welcome Kenny! A well written intro my friend. I am happy you found your way here and happier still if my review encouraged you to look deeply at the wEPS.

Best regards mate
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #1136

• babo
  • Expert Boarder
  • veritas vos liberabit
  • Thank you received: 8
This is for Leo. My cats Trip and Holly got an early Christmas present. Holly is on top. They are a brother/sister pair I got from the shelter. There are 8 months old.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
Jesus Christ and The American G.I.
One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #1138

• Jdee
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Lola and Tupoc say Hi to your Cats :P
I mean they really say it ...

Tupoc

Lola

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #1139

• babo
  • Expert Boarder
  • veritas vos liberabit
  • Thank you received: 8
If Trip & Holly could talk they would say; 1. We are out of cat nip and 2. the litter box needs cleaning. I named them for two characters in Larry Correia's first book Monster Hunter International. If you enjoy a good read check it out. Larry is good people.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
Jesus Christ and The American G.I.
One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #1140

• leomitch
  • Administrator
Thanks Babo! Trip and Holly are lucky little guys and they are so beautiful. Seems you are lucky too my friend to have such wonderful kitties!
Stella syas Hi to your kitties!!
Warm regards

Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #1141

• edhead35
  • Expert Boarder
  • Food, Guns, Knives, Music
  • Thank you received: 21
Here are my Kitties, Reesy and Blue. Brother and sister.

Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by edhead35.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 8 months ago #1520

• LukasPop
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Hi all, my name is Lukas, and I am turning 30 this year. I am from Czech Republic, Europe. I work in office, but I like outdoors and sports. And cooking also, so in the last few yers bought several nice folding, bushcraft and kitchen knives. And, of course, I like them sharp. I use Spyderco triangle for sharpening, results are no bad, but little inconsistent, so I am planning progress to Wicked Edge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razoredge

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 8 months ago #1522

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 402
Hi all,

I just realised that I am using this forum fully without having properly introduced myself.

I am 36 years old and live in the Netherlands, together with my girl friend. During the day I usually work indoors, as a consultant. But after hours and in the weekends I love the outdoors. I live in a good location in Netherlands for that, near some hills and woods. But the Netherlands themselves are among the most densely populated countries in the world, so I try to spend a couple of weeks every year in the mountains (Switzerland, Spain or France) or the woods (Sweden). I have lived in Australia and I loved the outback there!

Quite innocently and unknowingly I became a somewhat of a knifenut two years ago when my Swiss army pocket knife broke and I needed a new one. It happened when we were in the South of France and I picked up a nice looking pocket knife. Later I would find out it was a Laguiole knife. So now I own about 10 Laguiole knives as well as some more modern knives, both fixed blades and folders.

I used to sharpen my knives with a Spyderco Sharpmaker, which is a great device, but a bit limited in application. So I am now the happy owner of a Wicked Edge.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by mark76.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razoredge

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 7 months ago #1558

• DennisHibar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Thought it was time for my first post. Would you believe that at 60 I have finally been bitten by the blade bug. Started last year when I ran across an old Buck 110 I bought in the 1970s and my Army issued Camillus Mil-K 818. Since then, I have acquired 14 new knives. My favorites are Spydercos ... but also have a couple Kershaws, a Zero Tolerance (0350), a few Cold Steel knives, and a CRKT Drifter (which I think is a great little utility knife for the money). Anyway, after much research, decided to get the WE. It arrived Jan 24th ... but am still anxiously waiting for the back-ordered ceramic stones. Practiced a little on an old Imperial folder I found in a drawer. That thing sharpened up very quickly (not sure what kind of steel it was .... but seeing how quickly I got it scary sharp .... I think I could have easily sharpened it with a nail file!). But it served its purpose, lessening my apprehension about starting out with a good knife. Next it was on to the Buck and the Mil-K. Learned a little with each one. Today, I tried it out on a Cold Steel Rajah III. That one was a son-of-a-gun. Mainly because I had a heck of a time securing it at a perfect 90 degree angle in the vise. Foam tape wasn’t doing the trick. Its spine is thick 1/8” at the handle and tapers to the edge and tip. I resorted to small layered pieces of grippy drawer liner. I was able to get it secured, but still had a variance of a half a degree or so. Still have some work to do on this one and hopefully will learn more before I have to worry about working on my Spydercos. Overall, very impressed with the WE system and extremely pleased that I invested in one.

My knives (updated 9/10/2014)
Dennis in PA
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by DennisHibar.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 7 months ago #1559

• leomitch
  • Administrator
Hi Dennis and welcome here mate!
I don't care much for the sticky double-sided tape, rather I use pieces of chamois...I find it fills the voids in the blade geometry better. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts here Dennis.

Best regards :)
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds