Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: thanks everone for the help

thanks everone for the help 2 years 20 hours ago #2749

first i would like to think everone for their help, as yall know i am still some what new to the WE family and i still run into problems that yall have been so nice to help me out with. well here is another one it seems that when i tighten a knife in the vice it leans to the left and im not sure why it starts out stright but as i tighten it starts to roll to the left ever so slightly and thows my bevel off just a little i know i need the angle cube but im nor sure that the angle is the problem it needs to bee stright up and down plz help once again i ty in advance......Alva
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: thanks everone for the help 2 years 12 hours ago #2751

• babo
  • Expert Boarder
  • veritas vos liberabit
  • Thank you received: 8
Assuming the blade is not full flat or an extreme hollow grind and you have good flat spine; it could be the vise. That's exactly how I first noticed that I got one of the vises with a bad heat treatment. The longer I used it worse it got.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
Jesus Christ and The American G.I.
One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

Re: thanks everone for the help 2 years 12 hours ago #2752

• wmarq9237
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hello Alva, I think I might be able to help. Try adding a piece of foam tape to the top of each clamp, this will help stabilize the blade. Also use less force (side to side) when using your stones. Let the stones do the work. Hope this helps...... Bill

Re: thanks everone for the help 1 year 11 months ago #2777

well i havent noticed any bowing at the tip of the vice the close all the way with no spreading but i will take a closer look ty very much

Re: thanks everone for the help 1 year 11 months ago #2778

ty sir i will try that and get back to you i dont think i use to much presure but i will pay closer attention at this to make sure thamks for the advice
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds