Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Roll Call Map

Roll Call Map 1 year 12 hours ago #14502

Hello,
My name is Gary, I live in the Central Coast area of Kaliforniastan I mean California. I'm a fully grown man with a wife, two sons (late teen) and a fetish for sharp things that stretches back as long as I can remember. I've run the gamut of Arkansas and Washita stones to Lansky systems to Spyderco sharpmaker to DMT hones and just about everything in between. I've tried strops in the form of barber strop, belt strop, purchased strop, green compound, white compound, and wet/dry sandpaper strops on mouse pads.
In my never ending, and ever burning desire to figure out how to get all my edged implements (pocket knives, hunting knives, field knives, axes, tomahawks, chisels, machetes and etc.) as sharp as the material will allow, I'v landed here at Wicked Edge. I made an acquaintance today who is a member here on the forum, and who encouraged me to join, read, learn, and, well, probably end up buying...

This Wicked Edge screams to the OCD blade loving inner child in me. Whoops, sorry, that's California talking... :whistle:

I'm looking forward to being involved here.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 hours ago by garythenuke.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Roll Call Map 1 year 2 hours ago #14507

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 464
Welcome to the forum, Gary!

Roll Call Map 11 months 4 weeks ago #14510

• DARRELLALLEN
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 35
Big welcome to the forum Gary ! You WILL NOT be disappointed in the edges attained using the WEPS system as you will get insane, screaming sharp edges, I guarantee.

I have had my propack 2 system for less than a year now, and am still amazed every time I sharpen anything. Good luck digesting the info, and if I can, I would suggest getting the most system you can afford to start off with, as you will quickly want to add more and more stones, and to be honest, this isn't the cheapest system out there, but is IMHO...................The Absolute Best ! :cheer:

Roll Call Map 11 months 4 weeks ago #14513

Thanks fellas. The amount if information is pretty overwhelming. Though I already need the Pro-Pak II, the small angle adapter, and the recurve blade ceramic hones... That's right about a full paycheck....
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by garythenuke.

Roll Call Map 11 months 4 weeks ago #14527

• DAUG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Done, good to see folks in Cali!

Roll Call Map 9 months 2 weeks ago #15282

• JohnnyG
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
The map now has 61 entries.
Thanks
JohnnyG

Get on the Wicked Edge Users Map

Roll Call Map 9 months 2 weeks ago #15305

• B-Goodman
  • Fresh Boarder
Added to the map. Looks like I am alone in Missouri. Looking forward to Pro Pack II purchase. The system seems to far exceed anything I have sharpened knives with in the past.

Roll Call Map 9 months 2 weeks ago #15308

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 257
I too am recently added to the map. And like Brad Goodman, I'm the sole WEPer shown in my state, Wisconsin, which as I type these words is howling cold. Right around zero deg's and my north-side rain gutters are really whistling with these 30-40 MPH breezes.

I'm sure there's quite a few more Wisconsinites on this site, we just need them to register on the ZeeMap.

Looking forward to watching the Packers host the Niners Sunday afternoon. SF seems to have GB's number, based on recent games, but it's going to be brutal cold at Lambeau Field. They still have aluminum benches for seats? Talk about a heat sink. Met a guy today from NC who's going to the game. He was buying a camo coat which wasn't near warm enough. Sorry, but I'll have the thermostat in my big-screen TV room cranked up to about 75. Chips, cheese and Johnsonville summer sausage. Maybe a brandy Manhattan. Whoo-hoo! I think in '96, SF came for the NFC Championship game. Again, nasty cold and by the middle of the second quarter it was obvious they didn't want to be there. Fatigue (and cold) makes cowards of us all. If those guys have any brains, they'll load up on P&G's Thermo-wraps. Come to think of it, that goes for both teams.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by tcmeyer. Reason: Personal message not appropriate
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds