Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replacement Atoma plates from Germany

Replacement Atoma plates from Germany 9 months 3 weeks ago #14648

• LukasPop
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
The prices: WE plates are 138 x 20 mm. So I computed that from 210 x 75 mm Atoma plate for 69E (60E in case of coarser grits) you can cut 4 plates 138 x 18.75 mm, if you use chisel and don't waste material. It is 17.25/15E for plate. 200 x 100 mm Atoma foil cost 175E, but it is maybe a mistake, other grits cost 125E. You can cut 5 plates 138 x 10 mm from it, and that is more expensive.

But I have another idea. Maybe 100 x 20 mm will be sufficient, becouse I use middle parts of the stones the most. So you can buy 100 x 50 mm foil for 39E and did two 20 x 100 sheets from it. 100 x 10 mm seems too narrow for me. It should be easy done with sharp scissors. Then made 2 plates from steel or aluminium about 2 mm thick and use it under foil with diamonds.

Toolsfromjapan.com seems very reasonably priced, shipping cost to Europe are cheap also. Did you have to pay VAT and custom charge Mark?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replacement Atoma plates from Germany 9 months 2 weeks ago #14657

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 237
I managed to rip the surface on an Atoma plate 140 on an Edge Pro it was the thinner foil fortunately CKTG replaced it and the plate has the thicker foil on it now I was advised by a very knowledgable friend to chamfer the edges as you would with a bench stone this helps to protect the integrity of the foil and also protects the knife if you accidentally twist the stone this makes sense with all the stones & plates on either the WE or an EP to avoid the corners of the stones or plates going where they should not .
You can do the plates with a bastard file and stones with a lapping stone the angle should be about 45Ëš on all 4 edges.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds