Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pro Pack Upgrade kit problem - Long Screw

Re: Pro Pack Upgrade kit problem - Long Screw 1 year 10 months ago #8005

• AndrewBlaida
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
wickededge wrote:
That is really bizarre. To be clear, the 2" screw does not thread at all into the bottom of the Fixed Vise Jaw? Can you compare the diameter, just by eye would be fine, of the old screw vs. the new one?

Upon a much closer inspection, and as good as I can tell, the two screws are the same size.. HOWEVER, the threads in the clamp are stripped all the way up to about 1/4" in. The short screw had enough length to reach the area that wasn't stripped, but the long screw is falling just short with everything put together.
I didn't see any metal fall out when I took it apart, so I have to assume it was stripped like that from the start.
No big deal, I'll see if I can find a screw that is a tad longer. If it doesn't do the trick, can I send in the clamp?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pro Pack Upgrade kit problem - Long Screw 1 year 10 months ago #8007

• wickededge
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 691
Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the trouble. We can get a new clamp on the way to you ASAP if you don't find a longer screw or don't feel like messing with it.
--Clay Allison

Re: Pro Pack Upgrade kit problem - Long Screw 1 year 10 months ago #8008

• AndrewBlaida
  • Fresh Boarder
wickededge wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the trouble. We can get a new clamp on the way to you ASAP if you don't find a longer screw or don't feel like messing with it.

No problem... I'll hunt down a longer screw tomorrow. I'll post up the results, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Pro Pack Upgrade kit problem - Long Screw 1 year 10 months ago #8021

• xuzme720
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Watch your length carefully on the new screw. I was so excited when I got my upgrade, I started putting it together without the crossbar in place and my screw bottomed out before getting to the base. So you're only going to have maybe 1/4" or less to play with.
Particpant in finding out how sharp is sharp!

Re: Pro Pack Upgrade kit problem - Long Screw 1 year 10 months ago #8022

• AndrewBlaida
  • Fresh Boarder
I got a pack of #10-32x2.5" from the hardware store, and cut off a tad to get it close. It was still a bit too long, so I put one of the nuts on it that came with it and it works as supposed to now.

Thanks for the help guys!

Just finished my benchmade triage at 19 degrees up to .5micron and will post up pictures in a bit. The tight fit of the pro arms and superb adjustability with the angle cube made for a very precise edge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, cbwx34
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds