Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 5 months ago #10101

• MichaelBonomo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Some folks prefer e-mail and posting to forums over phone calls. Different strokes for different folks. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 5 months ago #10103

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
Mostly that preference seems to me to be rooted in this need for instant gratification moreso than the desire for problem resolution. that approach may seem easier and quicker, but it is simply not either of those.

I talked about efficiency. Consider this, write an email and send it. Wait sometimes a day... or at least a couple of hours, get a response. Find out that the person on the other end only answered part of your question or really di not understand what was written (in my experience this happens far more often than not). Repeat for many iterations. Keep in mind, if you are real good you might type 60 to 70 words per minute, we talk at close to 200 words per minute. So maybe a day, maybe a week goes by, and maybe you end up on the same page.
Make a phone call, person you are calling doesn't quite understand, problem clarified and likely cleared up in real time. 5 to 10 minutes and done.

So preferences are just fine, but not neccessarily indicative of the best or most efficient way to do things.

I do lots of technical support. I insist on phone calls, for all of the reasons above and then some. It may be old school to some, but it works much more efficiently, with far less misunderstanding and fewer hurt feelings.
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 5 months ago #10115

• MichaelBonomo
  • Fresh Boarder
I posted my problem here and had a reply from Clay within minutes. Had the problem resolved in the time it took to send a PayPal payment to WE. That's more than fast enough for me. Of course, everyone's experience will vary. But condemning e-mail seems a bit silly. It's what the world is using. That's why the US Post Office is in such deep poop.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10341

Just a quick note to everyone who replied to this topic that I finally got the WE ProPack I that I ordered. I was out of town when it arrived so I didn't get a chance to use it until recently.

Fortunately, it was worth the wait and after fiddling around and learning how to use it I was able to get some pretty good results.

As a person with an engineering background, I have some thoughts on the design and possible inconsistency (not sure it that is the right word) regarding setting the angles on the left and right sides of the knife. I will attempt to put some thoughts down and get a new topic started to get a discussion going.

In any event, thanks to all that responded to my original post.

Happy sharpening to all! ;)

Stephen

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10349

• MichaelBonomo
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I just checked my first post and it's been 3 weeks/2 days since I sent in my order. Sure wish it would arrive soon. Driving me crazy not being able to sharpen my knives the way I would like.:silly:

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10464

• MichaelBonomo
  • Fresh Boarder
One month and still waiting for my Pro Pack II upgrade. Nothing in e-mail about it being shipped. I've already exceeded the 2-3 week backorder. :(

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10470

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
It would be great if I could help you ...
I can't. The vast majority of people that might read your post, cannot help you either!
But probably if you contact the folks at Wickededge, they can.
Try writing to Kyle, or give them a call.

Kyle Kaplan

kyle AT wickededgeusa DOT com
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10472

• MichaelBonomo
  • Fresh Boarder
PhilipPasteur wrote:
It would be great if I could help you ...
I can't. The vast majority of people that might read your post, cannot help you either!
But probably if you contact the folks at Wickededge, they can.
Try writing to Kyle, or give them a call.

Kyle Kaplan

kyle AT wickededgeusa DOT com

Not really looking for help. Obviously they are behind on shipments. Just keeping people informed is all.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by MichaelBonomo.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10489

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 640
The latest batches of PP2 parts are coming in today and the crew is set to ship in high gear! We doubled up our orders from the machine shop to try and match demand. Doing batches of 50 just wasn't cutting it.
--Clay Allison

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 4 months ago #10493

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 388
wickededge wrote:
The latest batches of PP2 parts are coming in today and the crew is set to ship in high gear! We doubled up our orders from the machine shop to try and match demand. Doing batches of 50 just wasn't cutting it.

Congratulations! Sounds like business is going well. No wonder, of course, with such a device...
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds