Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Pro pack II set screws

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6658

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 561
Billabong wrote:
Thankyou for your replies.

The new arms are exceptional.
Although it doesn't sound like it, I "am" very happy! :woohoo:

No more questions. ;)

No worries mate, I love your questions! You're constantly helping us be a better company, or at least try to be :silly:
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MartinSinger, Billabong

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6659

• Billabong
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 49
So I lose another karma vote for asking hard questions?
Take them all if it means I can post with honesty!

Do people want to encourage members to be nasty or something?
Perhaps I should be posting on Blade forums etc. about these issues?
Where everyone will give their own ideas on what is going on.

Thanks

edit - Send me a private message and tell me what you think about my posts rather than hide behind a button.
Do I now hand out bad karma in return, to whoever I think it was? ;)

I can understand people thinking they are protecting Clay here, but do you think he needs your help?
If you can't accept constructive criticism, then it's a sad place here.
Like I said, I can post somewhere else where the discussion can go any direction?
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Billabong.

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6660

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Don't let it bug you Billybong. Anyone taking away Karma points from someone isn't helping their karma at all.
Take a listen to Johnny's " instant karma" and shine on.

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billabong

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6661

• Billabong
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 49
Mikedoh wrote:
Don't let it bug you Billybong. Mike

Thanks Mike, I am a stand up guy, I don't want or expect Karma.
Just talking about it here will feed the need for some.
Perhaps when I get to zero I wont look at it again. :P

Now, off to find a rubber boot for the ball joints and sharpen some knives.

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6662

• cbwx34
  • WE Stonehenge?
  • Thank you received: 390
Billabong wrote:
So I lose another karma vote for asking hard questions?
Take them all if it means I can post with honesty!

Do people want to encourage members to be nasty or something?
Perhaps I should be posting on Blade forums etc. about these issues?
Where everyone will give their own ideas on what is going on.

Thanks

edit - Send me a private message and tell me what you think about my posts rather than hide behind a button.
Do I now hand out bad karma in return, to whoever I think it was? ;)

I can understand people thinking they are protecting Clay here, but do you think he needs your help?
If you can't accept constructive criticism, then it's a sad place here.
Like I said, I can post somewhere else where the discussion can go any direction?

Chris,

I'll 2nd what Mike said... don't let it bug you. I suspect that it's now being lowered simply because you have brought it up, and that it has nothing to do with your posts.

Forums are meant to be thought provoking, not just a place for fans to post the "good stuff". If issues weren't brought to Clay's attention, problems couldn't be addressed as quickly. Imagine the situation if it was 6 months from now before he found out there was an issue with the upgrades. Plus, not all problems mean there's something wrong with the WE, it could mean little more than a technique or process that needs an explanation, or a simple solution.

Personally, I like a post that makes me think, and look at things in a different light. It's how I learn.

Re: Pro pack II set screws 1 year 5 months ago #6664

• JamesBell
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Clay,

When your suppler retools the L-brackets to #10-32 will they continue to drill and tap both sides?
Thanks to Curtis for pointing this out, having it on both sides does add options and a value. I would
add a couple extra screws to my kit, like insurance, hope you do not need it, but; having them as a option want hurt. Insured advantage in both the angle bar and the micro arm adjustments.

This may not work, considered a drop of heat glue on the tip of the micro arm screw. It would stick on the
screw tip and provide a soft tip to bind into the micro arm adjustment threads.
- James
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by JamesBell.

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6665

• MartinSinger
  • Junior Boarder
  • mrsupport
  • Thank you received: 4
wickededge wrote:
The parts should never have had the black screws. They were designed with the pointed #10-32 screws to match the detents on the degree bar. The machine shop took a liberty with substituting the screws to save cost, not realizing the significance of their function. We're working rapidly to get it resolved. It will involve sending out correct, replacement L-Brackets along with return labels so we can get the incorrect ones back. We should have a timeline within a few days. We're waiting for the full list of people needing the parts to come in.

Clay, Please add my name to the list of recipients of black undersized screws. I am impressed at how quickly you react to issues. Very happy with the WEPS. Marty
mrsuport

In God We Trust All Others We Monitor
www.deterrentspecialty.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6666

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 561
I'm pleased to say this again: Sometimes you ask tough questions or point out things that could use improving and for that I'm grateful! You are helping Wicked Edge by being real and genuine, qualities that I really admire. Thanks to guys like you and Scott Sherman, and Phillip Pasteur and many others, I'm hearing honest and sincere perspectives that are helping me to stay even more in touch. I love the Wicked Edge community and especially the forum because its populated with such quality people. Please don't ever be discouraged from voicing your thoughts!
--Clay Allison

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6667

• FredHermann
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
+1 Karma fpr Billibong. Let the haters hate.:woohoo:
Last night I tried a few things which seem to be working and don't damage the kit.
I use the setscrews on the smooth side of the base bar, but I put 2 layers of scotch tape on it, the screw still grabs, and has yet to slip horizontally. When it gets chewed up, I scrape/peel it off, use a little goo gone, alcohol wipe, and reapply.

This is a TERRIBLE idea for the set screws on the arms. A ball of sticky melting tape goo works, but its a bear to clean out. So I came up with a better idea. Put a couple little pieces of a toothpick in the hole. The wood mashes, doesn't gum up the threads, and protects both screws as far as I can tell.

I love the riser, I love the new arms, the setscrew issue I would never have noticed, but would have suggested some sort of improvement. So as is... out of the box I give this a 90%. Once the set screws have been solved, it will be at 100%.

I really love this kit, and the family on the forum. It's a rare bunch that doesn’t go ballistic over every little thing, it's an even rarer (sp?) bunch that actively makes suggestions on improvements.

Anyhow, I'm babbling.

Let me know if the tape and toothpick thing works for you, or you're doing something different.
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International

Re: A temporary fix if you need it. 1 year 5 months ago #6669

• StevenCorpstein
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
FredHermann wrote:
+1 Karma fpr Billibong. Let the haters hate.:woohoo:
Last night I tried a few things which seem to be working and don't damage the kit.
I use the setscrews on the smooth side of the base bar, but I put 2 layers of scotch tape on it, the screw still grabs, and has yet to slip horizontally. When it gets chewed up, I scrape/peel it off, use a little goo gone, alcohol wipe, and reapply.

This is a TERRIBLE idea for the set screws on the arms. A ball of sticky melting tape goo works, but its a bear to clean out. So I came up with a better idea. Put a couple little pieces of a toothpick in the hole. The wood mashes, doesn't gum up the threads, and protects both screws as far as I can tell.

I love the riser, I love the new arms, the setscrew issue I would never have noticed, but would have suggested some sort of improvement. So as is... out of the box I give this a 90%. Once the set screws have been solved, it will be at 100%.

I really love this kit, and the family on the forum. It's a rare bunch that doesn’t go ballistic over every little thing, it's an even rarer (sp?) bunch that actively makes suggestions on improvements.

Anyhow, I'm babbling.

Let me know if the tape and toothpick thing works for you, or you're doing something different.

In my past life building better mouse traps, I've used a small piece of lead (e.g. split shot) when I didn't want to mar up a surface with a set screw. It holds really well and is easily removed when no longer wanted or needed.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds