Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination?

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #10978

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
I vote both chosera and strop. I'm not sure about diamonds? But will absolutely buy one for each paddle set.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #10982

• cbwx34
  • WE Stonehenge?
  • Thank you received: 390
wickededge wrote:
I have a question for everyone: Would you use these covers with the stones too? And if so, would you use them w/ Chosera stones? I'm thinking of making them deep enough to fit over the Choseras but don't want to build in that much play unless enough people think they'd use them for the thicker stones.

My plan is to just use them with the strops... especially in the carrying case. I probably wouldn't use on anything else.

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #10984

• blacksheep25
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Just a thought, the retention mechanism for these appear to be the four tabs, but was thinking of a possibly simpler solution... what about a channel with either one or both ends open? Instead of having four tabs, the entire edge would be a long tab. Install/remove by sliding it on from the end. No fancy CAD drawing, Microsoft Paint sketch attached. :)

WEPS_stone-cover.png
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by blacksheep25.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, mark76

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #10986

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 307
Have you taken any creativity pills lately, Clay? ;)

It looks great. I'd definitely use them on my strops, but not on my stones. (One thing to consider is the added size. I use a Plano box to store my stones and there is not much room left for wider/thicker stones.)

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #10987

• KenBuzbee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
wickededge wrote:
I've got a 3D printer on order

Did you d/l the file to print a gun? ;)

I'm sure even ordering a printer has you on a government watch list, brother!

Look out the window. You see that black SUV? They are there for YOU.....

We're gonna miss you, Clay! ;)

Ken
玉鋼
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #11002

• wickededge
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 564
blacksheep25 wrote:
Just a thought, the retention mechanism for these appear to be the four tabs, but was thinking of a possibly simpler solution... what about a channel with either one or both ends open? Instead of having four tabs, the entire edge would be a long tab. Install/remove by sliding it on from the end. No fancy CAD drawing, Microsoft Paint sketch attached. :)

WEPS_stone-cover.png

This is a nice idea, thank you! I've redrawn it as suggested:
Attachments:
--Clay Allison

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #11003

• wickededge
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
blacksheep25 wrote:

WEPS_stone-cover.png

This is a nice idea, thank you! I've redrawn it as suggested:

TrayCoverv2.jpg
--Clay Allison

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #11004

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
Clay,
Did you make a decision regarding a case for the stones? Is it possible to have one for the choseras? They are pretty expensive and I would love to protect them.
Thank you, Eamon
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #11005

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
What would you think about leaving one end closed off? That would give a bit more support on that end and maybe a bit more protection from contamination.
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, mark76

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 11 months 1 week ago #11006

• wickededge
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
PhilipPasteur wrote:
What would you think about leaving one end closed off? That would give a bit more support on that end and maybe a bit more protection from contamination.

TrayCoverv3.jpg
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: blacksheep25, PhilipPasteur
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds