Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rigotti Knives and Chatter

Re: Rigotti Knives and Chatter 1 year 11 months ago #4752

• Rhautbois1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Clay - I was delayed getting out of town and was very excited to see the package from WE - just arrived this afternoon.

I took a look at the blades and tried them out this evening. They are absolutely fantastic!!

My one concern is how they would respond to the steel. As we discussed - I used a steel often to reset the burrs as the cane dulls the edge immediately. I am very happy to report that there was no problem with resetting the burr on the steel. Was very concerned that the steel would cause chattering - but thankfully - no.

Last night I started two new reeds and they gave me quite a bit of trouble. With the knives you sharpened they shaped right up with very additional little work. There is a saying that three secrets of a good reed are 1) a sharp knife 2) a sharp knife and 3) a sharp knife.

Thanks so much for taking the time with these knives. Can't wait for my Chosera's to arrive!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rigotti Knives and Chatter 1 year 11 months ago #4758

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 608
I'm glad to hear it! I think you'll love the Choseras.
Rhautbois1 wrote:
Clay - I was delayed getting out of town and was very excited to see the package from WE - just arrived this afternoon.

I took a look at the blades and tried them out this evening. They are absolutely fantastic!!

My one concern is how they would respond to the steel. As we discussed - I used a steel often to reset the burrs as the cane dulls the edge immediately. I am very happy to report that there was no problem with resetting the burr on the steel. Was very concerned that the steel would cause chattering - but thankfully - no.

Last night I started two new reeds and they gave me quite a bit of trouble. With the knives you sharpened they shaped right up with very additional little work. There is a saying that three secrets of a good reed are 1) a sharp knife 2) a sharp knife and 3) a sharp knife.

Thanks so much for taking the time with these knives. Can't wait for my Chosera's to arrive!
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds