Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I have officially dulled a blade with the WE

Re: I have officially dulled a blade with the WE 1 year 6 months ago #5892

• FredHermann
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
When I read the title of the post, I visualized beating the knife with the base plate. It made me chuckle and read very carefully. Ive seen a guy on youtube called 'modderz ' or something similar...but he had a few great basic ideas for the kit and stones. Clay had a neat idea too. He used a little soapy water to keep the metal shavings stuck to the knife and stones.
Just my humble. $.02 while waiting for my PP2 and soaking up knowledge...
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I have officially dulled a blade with the WE 1 year 6 months ago #6024

• PhillipHyun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
How did you set your angle? Did you use a sharpie to make sure that you were sharpening right up to the apex? That's like the most important thing, or else you could spend a LOT of strokes reprofiling the blade and instead of 80 strokes it could take 200 strokes to get all the metal removed to get a burr... By the sounds of it you were removing a lot of metal (wrap your pivot and handle with saran wrap to prevent the shavings from getting in there). Was the knife really that dull to begin with or were you trying to re-profile to a significantly lower angle?
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by PhillipHyun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds