Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: I need to vent here about customer service.

Re: I need to vent here about customer service. 1 year 9 months ago #5859

• Ayglass
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey Scott,

I'm sorry to report that I sent an email last night cancelling my order. I also followed up with a phone message this afternoon. The PP2 now appears on the web site, but I haven't heard any update about my order as Clay mentioned in his reply to this thread. My card hasn't been charged either.

I may join the WE owners club sometime in the future, but I'll give Clay some time to work out the bugs with suppliers and staff before I try another order.

- Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I need to vent here about customer service. 1 year 9 months ago #5860

• Scott Sherman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Hi Andy,

Well I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. As I mentioned initially, I was and still am frustrated by the inconsistent use of email and poor communications in general from WE. I have not received any correspondences by email or phone from WE as of this writing so I called them this morning and found out that they did actually ship my PP2 this morning. It would have been better if they initiated an email or phone call with a tracking number and notice of shipping instead of making me chase after them for info.

So, I sure hope that you did not cancel your order simply due to this shortcoming by WE or because of my "venting" here. As I mentioned I still endorse and support WE and their product. I should qualify that because I have not seen it first hand, so I am endorsing it based solely on what I know about it from this website and Youtube presentations and forum feedback. It seems a very capable knife sharpening system and I still eagerly await it's delivery. Once I get it in my hands and get to use it, I will give more on my feelings of support or lack of support.

However, as regards my "venting" or complaint here with customer service, it is mostly just that... venting. I am not used to being treated so poorly as a customer engaged in an internet purchase and especially one for nearly a thousand dollars. Now having said that, I also have some appreciation for what has been described as growing pains. Clay invented a new system which seems on the surface to be superior to it's competition, albeit at premium prices, but for better or worse, there turned out to be a huge pent up demand and it seems that the demand far exceeds the supply for the moment. Beyond even the anticipation and expectation of Clay and company. So, I believe that the small band of merry men and women at WE are really doing their best to make as many people happy as possible as quickly as possible.

I do not feel that the neglect to communicate with customers is malicious or intentional. I just think it exceeds their ability. I think this will pretty much straighten itself out once they fulfill the large number of backorders that have been waiting and supply and demand come closer together.

I think the WE sharpening system has matured to the point that if you need an excellent sharpener and can afford the premium prices, it is worth waiting for. I don't see a better alternative emerging in the foreseeable future either from competition or from WE at this point.

So to those who, like me, are frustrated and impatient with Clay or WE for being left out in the cold when it comes to communication and transaction fulfillment, I would say, hang in there and try to remain as patient as you can. Make your feelings known because I do feel that there is a need for improvement in this area and this will not happen until and unless it is brought to the attention of WE.

Good luck with your purchase and to WE, with future success.

Re: I need to vent here about customer service. 1 year 9 months ago #5863

• MichaelCraft
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Nice post Scott, said what I was thinkin and couldn't have said it better myself.

Re: I need to vent here about customer service. 1 year 9 months ago #5867

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 598
Hey guys, thanks for continuing to keep me in touch with how things look from your perspective. This kind of thing makes my blood boil and we will get it resolved ASAP. We're bringing on a new person just to handle emails and shipping updates. I'm traveling this week at our factory in Vermont so I can't get the new person started until early next week but I've let the crew at the office know that they need to take the first half of tomorrow and let everyone on the list know exactly where their order is. From there, we'll implement some other changes immediately to how we handle the communications.

--Clay
--Clay Allison

Re: I need to vent here about customer service. 1 year 9 months ago #5869

• MichaelCraft
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
wickededge wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for continuing to keep me in touch with how things look from your perspective. This kind of thing makes my blood boil and we will get it resolved ASAP. We're bringing on a new person just to handle emails and shipping updates. I'm traveling this week at our factory in Vermont so I can't get the new person started until early next week but I've let the crew at the office know that they need to take the first half of tomorrow and let everyone on the list know exactly where their order is. From there, we'll implement some other changes immediately to how we handle the communications.

--Clay
Thanks Clay, I called for my orders as you mentioned I should do, except I did it this afternoon instead of Tues and left a VM(first time I have called where it has went to VM, but 1 out of 4 ain't bad), will try again tomorrow AM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: I need to vent here about customer service. 1 year 9 months ago #5876

• Billabong
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 49
ScottSherman wrote:
I should qualify that because I have not seen it first hand, so I am endorsing it based solely on what I know about it from this website and Youtube presentations and forum feedback. It seems a very capable knife sharpening system and I still eagerly await it's delivery. Once I get it in my hands and get to use it, I will give more on my feelings of support or lack of support.

Make sure we hear your experiences with the WEPS and post back here the minute it arrives. (please) ;)

I feel your pain Scott, I rely on email for nearly all my business communication.
When I don't get a reply it hits me hard.

I'm guessing here, but taking an order without an item being "in-stock" might be the killer.
Many I know simply refuse to do it, as the wheels can fall off while we wait, (more often) helpless to speed things up as manufacturing and delivery times blow out.

But silence in the "e" world is an insult.
Some say to call and you always get someone to answer.
I would have thought an email is a lot less demanding of a persons time.

Considering an email can be read and actioned by someone sitting in front a multitude of devices from anywhere in the world, at any time of the day.
They would only need a hotline to the WE common database.

But I feel Clay is now aware how this has impacted "WE Central" and as the product begins to flow out the door, and smiles appear on people's faces all around the world, we can dismiss this as a growing pain. ;)

Now where are my bloody new arms? (Coming via the Aussie Dealer, TonyJ) ;)

Chris.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Billabong. Reason: Edited for clarity with names.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds