Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other!

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 11 months ago #485

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 207
I will try better next time mate! LOL!

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 11 months ago #486

• dgriff
  • Senior Boarder
  • My order # was 2375. Now shush, I'm sharpening!
  • Thank you received: 19
Ah, well. I'll bite.
Born and raised in Ohio, where teachers were teachers and students learned the 3 R's and got their ass whacked if they misbehaved--twice. Once by the teacher and again when they got home! Ah, the good old days...

Joined the Air Force at 17(1972), retired at 37, and been working for NASA at the Dryden Flight Research Center since '95. In between I worked retail at a mom & pop sporting goods store. Working retail is how you find out how stupid you seem to the idiots taking your money. Never seen so many idiots--from both side of the counter!:lol: And I've been both!
I shot competitive pistol and sixgun, with a little rifle and shotgun tossed in. And that's where I was introduced to Spyderco knives. We all carried one in the back pocket, and they got used on occasion to pry stuck brass out of chambers!
Who know'd you wuz supposed to lookie-see how much powder you waz puttin' in... :silly:

So, I ordered a Pro Pack. My number is quite high, so perhaps by the holidays I'll be forced to tell my wife what I did.:ohmy: But my wife is the perfect example that it's better to ask forgiveness than permission!
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by dgriff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 11 months ago #487

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
I'm always amazed at the diversity of groups like this. B) Keep them coming!

You are correct, Leo. People can use the knife from beginning to end, after the cane is split and initially gauged and profiled (which is done on gauging and profiling machines). They use it to thin the reed in the proper places and to cut tips. I actually had a couple of people ask me about using the WEPS on the reed knives, and when compared to other guided devices the WEPS can actually meet the shape requirements of the edge (which is not the same angles on both sides) much better and faster.
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 11 months ago #497

• leomitch
  • Administrator
Whew! Glad I was correct Tom. Sometimes you stick your neck out when you write something on a forum and occasionally someone tries to take a slice at it! Not here though...these are good people. As you say, there is a great diversity of folks here and hopefully more of them will write something on this thread so we get to know each other better. Come on folks, don't be shy!!:blush:

Best to all
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 10 months ago #732

• leomitch
  • Administrator
I am going to bring this post forward again since I am sure there are many new members of the forum who haven't seen it and so have no chance to do a write up.
Give us a sketch biography so we can better get to know you.
Join in!

Cheers
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 10 months ago #736

• BloodHound
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
OK I'll Bite...
My name is Aaron. I live down in Jacksonville, FL. I am just shy of 30, and have been married for about 2.5 years. I grew up an avid off shore fisherman and actually had a chance to go pro on the Southern Kingfish Association tournament trail, but turned it down (thankfully). My real passion has been developing over the last 8 years or so, Hunting. I have always been extremely passionate about guns and the outdoors, and finally started getting out into the woods. Now i go as often as i can and have even gotten my wife interested into it. I used to shoot competition revolvers with the local Sheriff's Department and have shot in skeet competitions as well.
I think my love of knives came from my Great Grandfather, who always had a SHARP knife on him, and was always giving me one of his knives. it's unfortunate he died before i ever thought to ask him to teach me how to get my knives that sharp. I struggle to sharpen knives free hand, and have tried just about every gimmick out there to sharpen my hunting and fishing knives. i haven't ordered my WEPS yet, mostly due to the backlog and the lack of funds. But i suspect i will order the pro pack right around the first of the year (when hopefully there is no backlog! I'm not very patient.) I love benchmade knives as well as the classic Buck 110 folding hunter. I have a box full of knives, but those seem to be the knives i always gravitate to.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by BloodHound.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds