Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other!

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #769

• hammer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Welcome aboard new members...
It's a sick world I'm a happy guy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #774

• Dmlevitt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all. I'm David, and greetings from the free State of Maine where my EDC is both a Springfield Commander and (usually) a Spyderco ATR folder. Expect some microphotographs after I get my WEPS! I got into sharpening because, well, a knife is supposed to be sharp. Gave up on traditional stones when I got my first crock sticks in the late 80's and got pretty good with them but never as uniform as I wanted, something I see the WEPS excelling at. Over the years, I collected too many knives (and firearms!). Had to give up the sidearm after joining the USAF (a flight doc) for a few years but got issued knives as it was part of the flying gear which kind of took the sting out it (free knives -- woo hoo). Believe it or not, the rational was to deflate the emergency rafts in case they inflated during flight (C-17s and C-5's). I did finagle a full auto Gerber when I was deployed. Anyway, I've been counting the days for far too long, about 17 days to go, until my WEPS should be here. Would it be unprofessional to take the delivery day as a sick day and sharpen all day long?
"In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible." Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #775

• gofly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
David
I had to wait a long time too for my WE to arrive, so when it arrived I took a mental health day to break it in.
I dont carry a firearm but I do prefer the commander over the govt. I edc a benchmade folder of one flavor or another. My commander type is a ED Brown Kobra Carry.

Lucky
Lucky
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #776

• edhead35
  • Expert Boarder
  • Food, Guns, Knives, Music
  • Thank you received: 21
I do not own a commander, I have a couple Govt and an Officer. My next purchase might be a commander. I am a 1911 guy bigtime. I even bought the Sig 238, just because it was like a 1911.

I do have another govt coming in from a friend who wants to unload it cheaply. it will be a project gun, as it is a POS to begin with. Another project, after the initial sharpening bug slows, when I receive my WE when I come back from Hunting.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #777

• AndrewMcMullen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, it looks like it's my turn. I'm from the not so free Southern California. I'm an IT Technician at a High School in Orange County. Just turned 30 this year and wife just gave birth to our first child. A boy. My family didn't do any camping or outdoors activities when I was growing up, so I was a little deprived.

For as long as I can remember I've been fascinated by knives. Pretty much any kind of knives. I think that my parents were a little worried when I was younger about me being into knives. That was until my Grandmother politely let my family know that I'm exactly like my Grandfather. He passed away shortly after I was born, so I didn't get to know him. From what my Grandmother has told me, my Grandfather had a bit of an addiction to all things sharp. So I guess I'm normal.

Bought my first knife in High School, a horribly cheap overpriced one, and just recently have expanded to Emerson, Kershaw, ZT, Benchmade, and Chris Reeve's knives.

Spent a lot of time with cheap sharpeners, but never really felt satisfied. Looking to purchase my WEPS very soon. A little bummed about the wait time I'm hearing, but all great things take time.

Nice to meet everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, Razoredge

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 2 years 9 months ago #779

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Nice to meet you all!

I think it is required to take a personal day when anything from the WEPS gets delivered :evil: I sure I remember reading it in my contract somewhere...:whistle:
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds