Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other!

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 1 year 9 months ago #6420

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 353
Welcome aboard guys! It's a good thing to see so many people join the forums it's hard to keep up with. You must have been doing something right in getting a WEPS ;) .

Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have them. You've just joined a bunch of very helpful and fun-to-be-with people!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 1 year 9 months ago #6442

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 143
Hello all,

I have been around here a few weeks now, reading and watching everything I could find about the WEPS. I finally jumped into the rabbit hole today and ordered a WE PP with PPII upgrade kit and a full set of chosera's. I am a small time knife nut, also like guns and flashlights (everyone here as talked about guns but forgot the flash lights). I have had a knife and flashlight since cub scouts and a gun shortly there after.

I am an electrical engineer by trade and an industrial engineer by schooling. So I am also into manufacturing and metallurgy and enjoy studying knife steels. I have definitely enjoyed seeing all the micrographs of sharpened edges here.

I live in SC now. My other active hobbies/interests include computers, programming, bicycling (on and off road), fixing things around the house (at least just to justify buying the tools), photography, and hiking. Other hobbies include shooting and SCUBA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 1 year 8 months ago #6456

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 353
He Geocyclist,

Welcome here!

Sounds we have a lot in common, apart from a love for sharp knives. I love biking too (I have four bikes and that is quite normal where I live), particularly with a GPS device. And I too do things with computers and like diving.

You’ve definitely made the right decision with your choice for a WEPS! And you’ve also joined a great community of people that like to help each other. So if you have any questions, before or after your WEPS arrives, please don’t hesitate to ask.

And uh… is Apple another hobby of yours?

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 1 year 8 months ago #6463

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 143
I am an Apple fanboy. Depends on how you define hobby vs. addiction. That and after looking through a free avatar site all i found was Apple and Milka German chocolate bars. Thought Apple was more fitting as I am impartial when it comes to chocolate.

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 1 year 8 months ago #6473

• DavidHill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello
My name is Dave Hill from Spokane Washington , Restaurant owner , Chef ,knife maker and knife knut. Iam teaching a class at a local community college on knife skills , knife making and knife sharpening. I just ordered my pp1 a few days ago and hopefully will have some time before my next class to get broken into the WE. Clay took my phone call after hours and on the weekend. What an awesome guy. These forums are great and the people all seem really nice. I am happy to be among such an educated and friendly crowd.Thanks
Attachments:
If you wish for peace , prepare for war . Parabellum
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Me and my story! Let's get to know each other! 1 year 8 months ago #6476

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
Welcome Dave!

It sounds like we are lucky to have someone with your background and experience as part of the WEPS community. I hope you have some time to share some of your expertise one day soon!

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds