Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I was at Blade Show and I saw...

I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3345

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 379
Just kidding. I wish I was there. But somebody else was there and filmed something interesting...

Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by mark76.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BobNash

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3350

• BobNash
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks for sharing the video Mark - Here is the full set up!
Blade 2012 accessory of the year. Check out the facebook page for some more pics (hope this one links ok, if not I'll try again). Congrats to the WE team! I haven't heard any time line in my discussions with Clay but maybe when he gets back from Atlanta and into the office.....

Some of the edges I've sharpened on the WE
www.oldawan.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
505-570-2040 (mobile and office)

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3351

• BobNash
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
haven't heard any time line in my discussions with Clay but maybe when he gets back from Atlanta and into the office.....

Scratch that - he posted a comment on Facebook of 3 - 4 weeks for all parts to be available to upgrade existing sharpeners, or buy with new ones!
Some of the edges I've sharpened on the WE
www.oldawan.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
505-570-2040 (mobile and office)

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3362

• martinlind
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
that looks realy great, price and when can it be shipped anyone heard anything about that?
martin

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3371

• StevenCorpstein
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Given my order was caught up in the back order, I'd opt to wait a bit longer and get the new version instead of all the modifications I've heard people have been doing.

I just hate spending that amount of money for the Pro system only to receive it and find out this supersedes my brand new one before it even arrives. How about others that are waiting for delivery?

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3373

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 356
Will the new rod arms fix the play between the paddles inside diameter and the rod's outside diameter? It would be EXCELLENT if these would be slightly larger to still allow for free movement, but not have as much play. and we wouldn't have to use the Subway straw fix on the existing arms then =) Can't wait!!! I'm def. in!

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3379

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
The modded rod arm joints that I am using now are pretty tight, meaning close tolerances, not stiff.
But, if this angle fine adjustment works well it would save a bunch of fiddling trying to get tenths of a degree locked in on both sides equally. Depending on pricing, I just might have to pick up a set.
It would be nice if the rods fit the stone holders just a wee bit better. The straws work, but add issues of their own.

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by PhilipPasteur.

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3393

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
razoredgeknives wrote:
Will the new rod arms fix the play between the paddles inside diameter and the rod's outside diameter? It would be EXCELLENT if these would be slightly larger to still allow for free movement, but not have as much play. and we wouldn't have to use the Subway straw fix on the existing arms then =) Can't wait!!! I'm def. in!

The new set I have been working with did not have as much difference between the ID of the paddle and OD of the rods so there was very little play. I started out with some heat shrink on the rods but took it off after a couple of knives as it hadn't actually shrunk all that well and was slipping up. We may be going to single paddle system with interchangeable stones at some point and then we could investigate a brass bushing inside the paddle. It would raise the cost too much to add them to every paddle.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: razoredgeknives

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3398

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 379
wickededge wrote:
We may be going to single paddle system with interchangeable stones at some point and then we could investigate a brass bushing inside the paddle. It would raise the cost too much to add them to every paddle.

That is exciting news! I even heard a guy from Taiwan rumor that these paddles may contain a built-in inclinometer. Was there a lot of beer at Blade show, or might there be a grain of truth in these rumors?

Re: I was at Blade Show and I saw... 2 years 2 months ago #3400

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
mark76 wrote:
wickededge wrote:
We may be going to single paddle system with interchangeable stones at some point and then we could investigate a brass bushing inside the paddle. It would raise the cost too much to add them to every paddle.

That is exciting news! I even heard a guy from Taiwan rumor that these paddles may contain a built-in inclinometer. Was there a lot of beer at Blade show, or might there be a grain of truth in these rumors?

Um, there was a lot of beer... BUT, we are working w/ to incorporate inclinometers into the paddles! I'm hoping to see prototypes from the manufacturer of the inclinometers this month.
--Clay Allison
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds