Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one)

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 5 months ago #7098

• DavidHill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Clay ! ,did you show these results to the CIA ( my alma mater )on your recent visit ? How did that go ?.Iam sure they were impressed .
If you wish for peace , prepare for war . Parabellum
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 5 months ago #7123

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 563
DavidHill wrote:
Clay ! ,did you show these results to the CIA ( my alma mater )on your recent visit ? How did that go ?.Iam sure they were impressed .

I didn't get a chance to show them the produce results but they did really love the sharpener. With luck, they'll be acquiring a bunch for their classrooms.
--Clay Allison

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 4 months ago #7171

• wickededge
  • Administrator
Now that I'm back in the office, I decided to look at the celery samples again. It's been 9.5 days and here is how they look:

Wicked-Edge-vs-Chefs-Choice---Celery-9.5-Days.jpg

Any guesses as to which were cut with the knife sharpened on a popular electric sharpener? I knew I'd see a difference, but wow!

Eventually we'll do a full white paper for restaurants showing how properly sharpened knives can improve their food costs and food prep labor costs. The electric sharpened knife has an edge similar to what they get back from knife swap programs and professional sharpening services.
--Clay Allison

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 4 months ago #7172

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
wickededge wrote:
Now that I'm back in the office, I decided to look at the celery samples again. It's been 9.5 days and here is how they look:

Wicked-Edge-vs-Chefs-Choice---Celery-9.5-Days.jpg

Wow Clay, this is incredible! Much more so than the initial photographs. This should really convice cooks.

A white paper sounds like something to publish on this site. And even though I'm no marketing professional, this looks like extremely good marketing material for a much broader audience.

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 4 months ago #7174

• wickededge
  • Administrator
The results are so striking that they almost seem like they had to have been fudged, but no fudging was done; I simply pulled them out of the fridge and too the photos and since they came from the exact same stalk of celery, I don't think there can be any worry of the initial samples being of varying quality.
--Clay Allison

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 4 months ago #7176

• Razoredge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Cutthroat Sharpening
  • Thank you received: 8
Actually three of my local restaurants use a professional sharpening service and their knives are as sharp as a Wicked Edge knife. (Thats cause the are, By Me!) :) Now if only I could get enough business to quit my day job.

Re: Good Argument for Sharp Knives (as if we need one) 1 year 4 months ago #7177

• wickededge
  • Administrator
Razoredge wrote:
Actually three of my local restaurants use a professional sharpening service and their knives are as sharp as a Wicked Edge knife. (Thats cause the are, By Me!) :) Now if only I could get enough business to quit my day job.

Awesome :) I should have put "professional" in quotes earlier. I was really referring to the run-of-the-mill guys that grind the knives to a jagged wreck, not a true professional like you. Those are rare in the restaurant world.
--Clay Allison
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds