Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CATRA HobbiGoni

Re: CATRA HobbiGoni 1 year 3 months ago #11049

• ThomasAscher
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Jose,
Congrats on your new possession. Sorry I haven't posted photos. My camera is over 1,000 miles away! I'll be gone for the summer. Maybe next year. Check out photos linked to other posts. I think you only begin to understand the HobbiGoni after you've used it on many knives, and especially at various stages of sharpening, or re-sharpening the same knife. It would be instructive to take a knife that's been damaged or purposely dulled, then examine with the HobbiGoni at each stage of re-sharpening. Maybe next year when I have my HobbiGoni and camera and knives in the same place I'll do! I don't understand "measure each side independently". The instrument shows both sides, one on each side of the scale so you can examine, compare each side.
Tom
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CATRA HobbiGoni 1 year 3 months ago #11051

• JoseFuste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Jose
  • Thank you received: 5
Not a problem....Thanks for the quick reply...Will start using it and learning...

Re: CATRA HobbiGoni 1 year 3 months ago #11053

• JoseFuste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Jose
Tom,

I just found what I asked about just measure only one side at a time. Just by leaning the blade to either side while in place in the HG it will read the actual side angle.

Re: CATRA HobbiGoni 1 year 3 months ago #11067

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 383
Jose, I once had similar difficulties to yours and did a blog post on it. I don't know if it helps you, but here's a story and some pictures on the use of a goniometer: moleculepolishing.wordpress.com/2012/05/...n-the-fallkniven-a1/

Re: CATRA HobbiGoni 1 year 3 months ago #11071

• JoseFuste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Jose
Yesterday I remembered seeing that article before and just look at it and read it again. It does help me clarify some of my doubts. Thanks Mark.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds