• Page:

TOPIC: After 400

After 400 9 months 2 days ago #12885

• Qira123
  • Fresh Boarder
cbwx34 wrote:
Qira123 wrote:
I do not alternate every stroke.

I would change this. After raising a burr once on either side at the beginning of the process (if you decide to create one at all), switch to alternating strokes for that level and every grit level after. See if that makes a difference.

Thank You. I alternate every stroke and did not travel more than half way with the stone. Made it to 1600. I cant whittle hair but have an edge that will bite. Thanks Again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

After 400 9 months 2 days ago #12887

• cbwx34
  • WE Stonehenge?
  • Thank you received: 390
Qira123 wrote:
...and did not travel more than half way with the stone.

I had to reread the thread, I missed this the first time around.

While I can appreciate what Ken was referring to, I don't think limiting stone travel is a good solution, for a lot of reasons. Perhaps a better solution (that's been talked about before in other threads) would be... be aware of how you put pressure on the stone, so that you don't change the angle. In other words, if you put pressure in near the top of the stone, it can, in some cases cause it to tilt in slightly as the pressure point goes over the edge. So, by maintaining an even pressure, or pressure near the bottom of the stone, this won't occur. (And when I say pressure, I'm not talking alot to begin with.)

Glad your results are improving. Also, it may have been mentioned before, but giving the stones a chance to break in a bit, will result in better edges. Check THIS PAGE, for a bit more info.

Should get even better! :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds