Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 1 week ago #14907

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Hi guys,
I just wanted to commend Bob Nash from Oldawan Tools for fabulous customer service. I recently had a problem where my two of my chosera stones started to "curl up" on my paddles. It looked a lot like dishing except the adhesive strip was also bending?
As it turned out this was my fault! I was rinsing my stones out and then letting them dry by my kitchen window. Who knew the sun would do this to the stones?
I made a phone call to Bob and he told me to send them in right away! We figured out what went wrong and he still replaced them FREE of charge. Not only did he do it free? I called him and informed him a job had come up for them and he rushed them back to me two day mail!
Bob is the dealer that I bought my WE from. So he is the guy who walked me through the learning curve and finally on to making money with the system. He never once has been to busy and has even called back on weekends and has emailed back and forth way after hours! The customer service has never been anything less then outstanding!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BobNash, mark76

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 1 week ago #14909

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 239
Yes avoid sun do not dry artificially and do not allow them to freeze in the winter and do not put into cardboard boxes unless completely dry best to store them in an open airy place away from the sun or heating vents; and avoid hot water when cleaning them. Best to store them so they are not touching one another . I store my bench stones on wooden strips so they do not touch the bottom of the tray with chocks between then so they are a good half inch apart and off the floor of the tray.
Look what the weather does to concrete.

Definitely great customer service from Bob above and beyond normal service levels.
Chefsknivestogo also bend over backwards to give a good service .
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 1 week ago #14911

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
LeoBarr wrote:
Yes avoid sun do not dry artificially and do not allow them to freeze in the winter and do not put into cardboard boxes unless completely dry best to store them in an open airy place away from the sun or heating vents; and avoid hot water when cleaning them. Best to store them so they are not touching one another . I store my bench stones on wooden strips so they do not touch the bottom of the tray with chocks between then so they are a good half inch apart and off the floor of the tray.
Look what the weather does to concrete. Unfortunately for me? what seems so obvious to some, just seems allude me?

Chefsknivestogo also bend over backwards to give a good service .
I have read this a few times now? I can not make my mind up as to go with their "Konosuke" brand or Get a "Murray Carter"? I have a Carter neck knife showing up Friday and that should push me over the top? Anyone with a opinion here PLEASE feel free to chime in?
Thank you Leo! Your always willing to help!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 1 week ago #14913

• mark76
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 420
EamonMcGowan wrote:
I just wanted to commend Bob Nash from Oldawan Tools for fabulous customer service.

And he's very knowledgeable and helpful on this forum, too!
I can not make my mind up as to go with their "Konosuke" brand or Get a "Murray Carter"?

I have no Murray Carter knife, so I cannot comment on that. Though I do wonder sometimes whether you don't pay quite a bit for the name, too. I do have two Konosuke's and I can recommend them highly. Great steel (both the HH and HD), great geometry, great finish. Nothing left to be desired :cheer: .

P.S. It's a secret, but HH is either Sandvik 13C26 or 19C27 (I suspect the latter). Great for sharpeners!
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by mark76.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, BobNash

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 1 week ago #14914

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 239
Lets see a picture & a brief review of it when you get a chance (Carter neck knife).

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 2 days ago #14943

• MarcSimon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I bought my Pro Pack set up from Bob As well. Stand up guy. Due to my debit card restrictions I had to break up the payment over a few days but Bob sent me me my package the day of the first payment. Great place to order with outstanding customer service.
Thank you Bob.
Marc
The following user(s) said Thank You: BobNash

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 10 months 2 days ago #14944

• Ryan Nerfherder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
:cheer: Hey there! Newbie as of today! I just ordered my long awaited WEPS from Bob this week. Been waiting for this day for 2 years! Couldn't pass up the free shipping and Bob's customer service is awesome so far. Never have received a confirmation email as descriptive and helpful as Bob's.

Counting down the days...thanks Bob!

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 9 months 3 weeks ago #15014

• FredHermann
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Does Bob / Oldawan tools have a website?
I have not been able to find one.
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 9 months 3 weeks ago #15015

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
FredHermann wrote:
Does Bob / Oldawan tools have a website?
I have not been able to find one.

Fred,
Here it is

www.oldawan.com/

Have fun with the new toys!
Eamon

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools 9 months 3 weeks ago #15020

• Todd in Chicago
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I agree with everyone.

New to WEPS and don't even have mine yet, due Tuesday. I had a problem with ordering from "another website" and was about to give up due to poor communication, so I called Bob up. After speaking with Bob, I would say he is totally helpful and a stand up guy, Kudos to you Bob. Someone I would definitely want to do business with.

I am hoping that my kit comes through on Tuesday; I've already had a conversation with that vendor who has indicated that 2 stones would be shipping separately, and based on other feedback observed on this forum for that vendor, I hope I do not run into problems.

I already told Bob I'm running to him if I do!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds