Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers??

Re: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 6 days ago #13328

• Peter Nowlan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
This is my first attempt at including pictures, forgiveness please if it doesn't work

This is how I wrap the knives, the small memo pad is what i use to write to the customers, thanking them trusting me with their knives.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 6 days ago #13329

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 193
Thanks for that definitely Japanese inspiration there . Do you do a lot of Japanese knives or are they your particular interest.
I think that some of the real quality Japanese knives the Honyaki types are rare to come across & I imagine that most owners of those sharpen them themselves although I have started to learn to use Japanese stones for just this sort of instance since if someone has a knife whose value is in excess of 600€ probable going to a couple of 1000€ then they will insist on them been sharpened in a traditional manner rather like sharpening a Samurai sword . So to prep for this I am sharpening at least one knife a day on these stones and since many of the knives I am practicing on are ex cheap serrated knives I start my bevels from scratch including thinning bevels which are the hardest since if the bevel is say 7˚ then a degree out shows although half the battle at the moment is building a muscle memory following an existing bevel is not hard but I have to stretch myself and move out of the comfort zone.
I am waiting for my WE which I will use on nearly all knives(currently I do the bulk of my sharpening on an EP) but I believe in been prepared for the exceptions and I have no problem in producing very sharp bevels with the Japanese stones but day to day knives should be a little quicker to do with the WE since both sides are been done almost simultaneously and since most knives I get to sharpen are often standard chefs knives with lost bevels the WE will be the best tool for these .

Re: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 6 days ago #13330

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 97
Peter Nowlan wrote:
This is my first attempt at including pictures, forgiveness please if it doesn't work

This is how I wrap the knives, the small memo pad is what i use to write to the customers, thanking them trusting me with their knives.
nice job.

wish i had the time to do something like that...
<"))))><(

Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 6 days ago #13331

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
i just got my 2nd order in today
h9ab35aa.jpg
<"))))><(

Re: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 5 days ago #13340

• Peter Nowlan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
No I don't do too many traditional Japanese knives, I'm just fascinated by Japanese culture. Japan is the centre of gravity in terms of knife sharpening. A key moment in my sharpening journey came while I was visiting New York City and stumbled into a Japanese knife store. (not Korin). I was fortunate enough to meet an old man has been sharpening knives since he was 15 and my respect for the art of sharpening took a giant leap that day.

Re: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 5 days ago #13356

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
Peter Nowlan wrote:
No I don't do too many traditional Japanese knives, I'm just fascinated by Japanese culture. Japan is the centre of gravity in terms of knife sharpening. A key moment in my sharpening journey came while I was visiting New York City and stumbled into a Japanese knife store. (not Korin). I was fortunate enough to meet an old man has been sharpening knives since he was 15 and my respect for the art of sharpening took a giant leap that day.
sounds like a nice trip to me.

several years ago, my son was in NY and stumbpled into Korin's and he bought me two nice high grit water stones from there.....when i used them back then.

i keep a copy of their brochue on my WE table at the fares - people are facinated (the ones that look at it)

see you - thanks
<"))))><(

Re: Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 8 months 5 days ago #13357

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
Some very nice stuff inside.

h77798d0.jpg
<"))))><(

Does anyone supply Sleeves for their customers?? 7 months 3 weeks ago #13589

• wmarq9237
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I make mine from heavy stock paper and tape
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds