Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Magnifying method.

Magnifying method. 1 year 6 months ago #8261

I had my WE for a week. Done several blades and I am absolutely stoked. Had used "extra fine" DMT and Arkansas black stones and honing guide up to now but WE provides better results in a couple of hours instead of bout 20 hrs. I use a 40 to 400X zoom dissecting microscope and wondered what others use to inspect progress close up / magnified
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Magnifying method. 1 year 6 months ago #8278

• BobNash
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Hi Graham - Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you are getting great results right off the starting line :woohoo:
I have two lighted loupes that I use the most - 1 30x and 1 45x. They are great for quick in the clamp examination - and for extra lighting which I use them for even more often as my eyes seem to be aging much faster lately.
I also use a veho USB microscope 400x - VMS-004 (though I don't use it as much as I'd like). It was pretty inexpensive and works pretty well for me - though I do want to get a better stand, the little one it comes with is not very versatile. Hoping to find time to use it to capture some progressions at some point
Some of the edges I've sharpened on the WE
www.oldawan.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
505-570-2040 (mobile and office)

Re: Magnifying method. 1 year 6 months ago #8280

• 4jlcc
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I use one of these . It works great for "in the clamp" examination.
-Joel

Re: Magnifying method. 1 year 6 months ago #8333

Thanks. What I didn't say but you guys anticipated was the microscope is gook for freehand work butt a pain removing the knife from the clamp each time to look at it. I'll get an led loupe. Thanks so much
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds