Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Beginners Guide to the Wicked Edge

Beginners Guide to the Wicked Edge 1 year 8 months ago #8056

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
I've started a "Beginner's Guide to the Wicked Edge" page in the wiki (figured this would be a good time in light of all the holiday sales).

Beginners Guide to the Wicked Edge

Feel free to comment, add, or if you see mistakes or something that doesn't sound right, let me know. If you don't feel like messing with the Wiki, feel free to make your comments here, and I'll add it in or make the appropriate changes.

Thought this might be an alternative to the "standard" instructions, if you have a particular tip that worked for you... doesn't matter if you're new or experienced... or maybe a tip or question that keeps popping up in the forum that should be addressed. This page is more for the new user (think, someone who just unwrapped their WE on Christmas)... I plan on starting an "Advanced" page probably after the holidays, that could include topics like Microbevels, "setting the teeth", etc.

Feel free to add your .02!!!!

Thanks!!! :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: razoredgeknives, WayneNicklin, xuzme720, Geocyclist

Re: Beginners Guide to the Wicked Edge 1 year 8 months ago #8058

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156
Nice Work Curtis, :cheer:

I would add these points somewhere:
  • Tape the blade spine or inside of vice jaws to avoid scratching where the blade is clamped. Also tape other parts of the knife that may be in the stones way, such as thumb studs.
  • Wipe the blade after each stone. At least when stropping.
  • Don't forget to write down your setting for next time you touch up the knife.

My 2 cents, I would give more emphasis to raising a burr. I thought this was required the first time you use the WE to make 100% sure you are getting to the edge on both sides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbwx34

Re: Beginners Guide to the Wicked Edge 1 year 8 months ago #8061

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
Good stuff.... thanks!!!
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds