Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Included diamond stones enough?

Included diamond stones enough? 2 months 2 weeks ago #18301

• uofaengr
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Once the stones are broken in, the 600 grit stones leave a great edge and one that I think will be more than acceptable for what you're looking for. You won't be disappointed with this system!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Included diamond stones enough? 1 month 1 week ago #18742

• williaty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm the OP. Figured I ought to bring some resolution to the thread and answer my own question.

I've used it for a month with the 100/200 and 400/600 diamonds. Sadly, even for what I wanted, this was not enough to produce an acceptable edge. Basically, as it came off the 600 diamond stone, it was sharp to about the point where I start thinking it's maybe time to sharpen the knife. Granted, I never actually get around to sharpening the knife before it's much, much duller :lol: I think for many people this might be satisfactory. However, I was used to something sharper than that, even for working knives. I added the 800/1000 diamond and the Super Fine Ceramics this month and, after doing one knife, I think we'll be in the ballpark for what I'm used to once I get the stones broken in and improve my technique a little.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by williaty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, GibCurry
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds