Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 11 months ago #781

• komitadjie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm working them off of the WEPS 1K now that I have it handy, actually. It worked off of the 600, which kind of surprised me given the jump in grit size, especially with the larger grit particles being diamond.

I've noticed that with the hazy finish, Tom, but I wasn't really expecting a shine off of a 2K anyway. Once I get the 5K/8K some time this coming month, THEN I will start to see a shine. :) I've been just using a spray bottle like you'd use for window cleaner full of water with a few drops of Dawn to keep them wet, a squirt every little bit seems to clear the swarf and re-wet the stone nicely.
"Sometimes you have fun, sometimes the fun has you!" -- Sgt. Schlock
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 11 months ago #790

• mr.cheapguy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Now you have reminded me of a question I think of everytime I go the distance with my stones. Should I be wetting or oiling the WE Ceramic stones when using them?
Sometimes I ain't that sharp.

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 11 months ago #791

• ToJo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I just received mine today and wondering the same thing.

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 11 months ago #792

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
mr.cheapguy wrote:
Now you have reminded me of a question I think of everytime I go the distance with my stones. Should I be wetting or oiling the WE Ceramic stones when using them?

I do believe the Wicked Edge ceramic 1200 and 1600 paddles are meant to be used dry. I recommend periodically cleaning the paddles with clean water and a scrub brush. Using them dry collects the dust and swarf in the pores of the stone making it less aggressive.

Shaptons and Choseras should only ever use water, BTW.
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 11 months ago #793

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 210
You believe correctly Tom. The ceramics should be used dry...and cleaning them every so often is excellent advice.

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 11 months ago #794

• ToJo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the info,
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds