Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #644

• Salguod
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Ah! That's why I like this forum! Thanks Leo and komitadjie. We must search for this mysterious purple compound. Amazon has it. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #645

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 206
Salguod wrote:
Ah! That's why I like this forum! Thanks Leo and komitadjie. We must search for this mysterious purple compound. Amazon has it. :)

Yes they do but they were going to charge me $25.00 US to ship me at less than $7.00 tube of it. I shall have to get someone Stateside to buy some for me and ship it at a normal price.

Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by leomitch.

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #648

• Salguod
  • Senior Boarder
leomitch wrote:
Salguod wrote:

Yes they do but they were going to charge me $25.00 US to ship me at less than $7.00 tube of it. I shall have to get someone Stateside to buy some for me and ship it at a normal price.

Leo

Amazon treats our northern friends rather harshly! I always get "free shipping on orders over $25". I always keep a few things on my wish list so that if I want to order something small I can add more to my order to get the free shipping. Reading the fine print, I guess Amazon doesn't offer free shipping outside of the U.S. Bummer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #650

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 206
Eureka! I found it...Fastenel carries the 222 Purple Loctite. They are located in both the USA and Canada so anyone looking for it, check your browser and see if there is a Fastenel in your city.

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #652

• komitadjie
  • Expert Boarder
Hey, cool, I didn't know they were in Canada as well. We have one here in town, along with a Fastener's Inc. Both of them are darn handy when you need some hardware!

I'm not entirely sure why companies stiff you so much to ship out of the country, even for a heavy item the flat-rate USPS International boxes are typically much cheaper than they charge.
"Sometimes you have fun, sometimes the fun has you!" -- Sgt. Schlock

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #653

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 609
Thanks guys for the tip on the purple Loctite! I just ordered a batch for testing. If it works well, we can add it to our QC process before the sharpeners go out.
--Clay Allison
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds