Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #648

• Salguod
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
leomitch wrote:
Salguod wrote:
Ah! That's why I like this forum! Thanks Leo and komitadjie. We must search for this mysterious purple compound. Amazon has it. :)

Yes they do but they were going to charge me $25.00 US to ship me at less than $7.00 tube of it. I shall have to get someone Stateside to buy some for me and ship it at a normal price.

Leo

Amazon treats our northern friends rather harshly! I always get "free shipping on orders over $25". I always keep a few things on my wish list so that if I want to order something small I can add more to my order to get the free shipping. Reading the fine print, I guess Amazon doesn't offer free shipping outside of the U.S. Bummer!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #650

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 206
Eureka! I found it...Fastenel carries the 222 Purple Loctite. They are located in both the USA and Canada so anyone looking for it, check your browser and see if there is a Fastenel in your city.

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #652

• komitadjie
  • Expert Boarder
Hey, cool, I didn't know they were in Canada as well. We have one here in town, along with a Fastener's Inc. Both of them are darn handy when you need some hardware!

I'm not entirely sure why companies stiff you so much to ship out of the country, even for a heavy item the flat-rate USPS International boxes are typically much cheaper than they charge.
"Sometimes you have fun, sometimes the fun has you!" -- Sgt. Schlock

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #653

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 610
Thanks guys for the tip on the purple Loctite! I just ordered a batch for testing. If it works well, we can add it to our QC process before the sharpeners go out.
--Clay Allison

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #656

• komitadjie
  • Expert Boarder
Sweet, talk about 'continual improvement' right there! I'm not sure, I'll have to check, but there might be thumbscrews available with the nylon self-holding patch as well.

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #662

• komitadjie
  • Expert Boarder
Well, Ken got my blank paddles in yesterday! Hopefully I'll have the 1K/2K set some time in the next couple weeks, right about when the 800/1K is supposed to show up. THEN I'll actually be able to get some edges on it! In the next few weeks I'll be having Ken make me up the 5K/8K on the other set of blanks I ordered... THAT should put a respectable edge on for sure!

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #663

• leomitch
  • Administrator
Way to go Dan! You will be turning out edges that border on atomic quality...little mushroom clouds forming over the edges as they slice and chop!! :woohoo: Scary!

Cheers
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #664

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 610
Awesome! I can't wait to hear your results.
--Clay Allison

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #674

• leomitch
  • Administrator
wickededge wrote:
Thanks guys for the tip on the purple Loctite! I just ordered a batch for testing. If it works well, we can add it to our QC process before the sharpeners go out.

You are welcome Clay! I will be getting some of the purple Loctite this week so I can reverse my paddle arms with impunity. Did you order from Amazon or Fatenel's Clay? I think including it in your QC is a wonderful idea. The stuff will be great for both reversing the paddle arms or just for when they are being used normally...no more screws slipping out of place.

Cheers
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Shapton vs. Chosera WEPS Stones - The Great Debate 2 years 9 months ago #676

• komitadjie
  • Expert Boarder
Ken shipped the first pair off my way last Saturday, so I'll probably have a chance to play with them mid-week. Really looking forward to it!

I'll have to snag some of the 222MS from the back here and give it a try myself.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds