Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Shapton Stones - Quality?

Re: New Shapton Stones - Quality? 2 years 6 months ago #2113

• RalphHoneycutt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Ken, I really appreciate your reply and what you propose to do regarding the replacement of my Shapton Stones with ones that are of consistent thickness and square. That would be EXCELLENT! I could not expect any more than that. I will wait to hear from Clay. The stones were sent back to WEPS today. WEPS should receive them not later than Tuesday (tracking info was provided to WEPS via email).

Thanks for your understanding and commitment to supporting the quality of the WEPS products. Many Thanks!

Regards,

Ralph
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Shapton Stones - Quality? 2 years 6 months ago #2117

• KenSchwartz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Ralph,

Thank you for the second chance! :) I'll earn it. I do want you and anyone else reading this thread to know that I strongly support my (and Tom's) products and the WEPS platform.

I hope you won't mind me stuffing the return package with one of the new products I have in development for the WEPS for you to try out. I know you will give me your opinion :)

Tom, you're right - this is one classy joint! I'll have to hang out here more often.

I like happy endings and really appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Here's to putting a big smile on your face. Seeing WEPS users not using Shaptons would break Tom's heart and we can't have that :)

---
Ken

Re: New Shapton Stones - Quality? 2 years 6 months ago #2122

• RalphHoneycutt
  • Junior Boarder
Ken, You are welcome. I will look forward to receiving the package. I would be honored to be afforded the opportunity to "smoke test" one of your new products for the WEPS and provide you with my opinion/feedback. You know what they say about opinions ... and by now you know I have one. Once again, thank you for your proposed resolution.

Kind Regards,

Ralph

Re: New Shapton Stones - Quality? 2 years 4 months ago #2854

• RalphHoneycutt
  • Junior Boarder
Update ... Yesterday, I just received my Shaptons Stones back from Ken Schwartz. Excellent job on squaring up and adjusting for a consistent overall thickness of the paddles, I am very pleased. I am actually very surprised that Ken was able to pull this off. Very little stone material was sacrificed in this process. I will post some photos in the next day or two so you can compare to my original set of stones that were posted earlier in this thread.

I could not wait to try them out. 320 grit through 30k and stropped from 0.5 micron down to 0.125 micron leather and balsa. I was very impressed how much quicker the results came with the Shaptons. I did not expect to like the results of the Shaptons better than the Choseras.

I am very happy with the results of the Shaptons. The mirrored edge came very quickly at somewhere around 5k or 8k. I was in a bit of a hurry and likely could have done an even better job of removing some very slight scratches had I more carefully alternated direction of the strokes.

Very impressed with the results. In my opinion, you can remove the question mark after "Quality" in the Subject Line above! Without question.

Thanks Ken for your efforts in squaring up the stones. And thanks Kay and Clay for the followup.

Photos to follow.

Ralph
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, leomitch

Re: New Shapton Stones - Quality? 2 years 4 months ago #2861

• RalphHoneycutt
  • Junior Boarder
Attached are a couple of photos that demonstrate Ken's "magic" in squaring up my Shapton Stones. The different is obvious when compared to the original photos in this thread. Thanks again, Ken.

Ralph

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

Re: New Shapton Stones - Quality? 2 years 4 months ago #2862

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Looking good, Ralf! Now let's get some pictures of your edges! B)
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds