Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Backlit Cube! At last!

Re: Backlit Cube! At last! 2 years 5 months ago #2580

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 209
I am sure you will love your new angle cube and I know you will adore your new WEPS when it arrives.Please tell us all about your experiences with both once you get going.

Very best regards

Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Backlit Cube! At last! 2 years 5 months ago #2585

• wmarq9237
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello Leo, Herman here again, I have another backlit cube available and you might already have one in your pocket. If you own an IPhone, iHandy has a level app that works as well as the angle cube and is just as accurate. You can zero it to your WEPS sharpening base, then set the phone against the paddle, but don't forget to put the phone high enough so the volume buttons do not sit on the paddle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Backlit Cube! At last! 2 years 5 months ago #2586

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 209
wmarq9237 wrote:
Hello Leo, Herman here again, I have another backlit cube available and you might already have one in your pocket. If you own an IPhone, iHandy has a level app that works as well as the angle cube and is just as accurate. You can zero it to your WEPS sharpening base, then set the phone against the paddle, but don't forget to put the phone high enough so the volume buttons do not sit on the paddle.

Amazing Herman!!! What will they think of next?! :cheer:

Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Backlit Cube! At last! 2 years 5 months ago #2587

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 399
Hi Martin,

Welcome on the forum! I'm sure you will enjoy your WEPS.

Where did you get your angle cube? I live in Holland and first tried to buy it from amazon.com. Then I found out it was export restricted. It is probably useful in making nuclear weapons as well :-).

That was actually a good thing, because that meant I had to look for one in Europe. I found a Dutch/German/Belgium webshop that sell various types of anglecube, but also microscopes, loupes, etc. And, just this time, we Europeans are off much cheaper than Americans :-). It's www.hogetex.com.

When I get to it, I'll post some more addresses in Europe for Wicked Edge paraphernalia.

Mark.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by mark76.

Re: Backlit Cube! At last! 2 years 5 months ago #2588

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 648
Mark,

Thank you for the link. I hadn't seen the new 5 mega pixel Dino-Lites yet. Hopefully they'll start making some at 500x with that high resolution!

mark76 wrote:
Hi Martin,

Where did you get your angle cube? I live in Holland and first tried to buy it from amazon.com. Then I found out it was export restricted. It is probably useful in making nuclear weapons as well :-).

That was actually a good thing, because that meant I had to look for one in Europe. I found a Dutch/German/Belgium webshop that sell various types of anglecube, but also microscopes, loupes, etc. And, just this time, we Europeans are off much cheaper than Americans :-). It's www.hogetex.com.

When I get to it, I'll post some more addresses in Europe for Wicked Edge paraphernalia.

Mark.
--Clay Allison

Re: Backlit Cube! At last! 2 years 5 months ago #2589

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 648
Mark,

Thank you for the link. I hadn't seen the new 5 mega pixel Dino-Lites yet. Hopefully they'll start making some at 500x (or better yet 1000x) with that high resolution!

mark76 wrote:
Hi Martin,

Mark.
--Clay Allison
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds