Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How long should a sharpening on the WEPS take?

Re: How long should a sharpening on the WEPS take? 2 years 6 months ago #2213

• dschur
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
jendeindustries wrote:
That is very true - you're in for the long haul on s30v and s90v, even with the diamonds!!!!:whistle:

Yes, I found that I need about 150 strokes on the S90V. It took a while.

I've been putting off my new Spyderco Military in M390. I need to get around to that, I image it will take a while.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How long should a sharpening on the WEPS take? 2 years 2 months ago #4012

When raising the burr on the 100 stones, you're working only one side at a time, right? I have a Konosuke HD that I've been hesitant to take to the WEPS, as I feel like I'm still learning the exact method, and don't want to risk messing up such an incredible knife. Instead, I've just been sticking to my comfort zone with the wet-stones.

Re: How long should a sharpening on the WEPS take? 2 years 2 months ago #4013

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 649
I typically color in the bevel with a Sharpie and then do alternating strokes w/ the 100# diamonds until the marker is gone. Then I switch to working on just one side until I raise a burr. If all the marker is gone, raising a burr shouldn't take long. Once I've raised the burr along the entire length of the blade on one side, I switch to the other and work until I've gotten one from that side. After that, I go back to alternating strokes.
JonSterrett wrote:
When raising the burr on the 100 stones, you're working only one side at a time, right? I have a Konosuke HD that I've been hesitant to take to the WEPS, as I feel like I'm still learning the exact method, and don't want to risk messing up such an incredible knife. Instead, I've just been sticking to my comfort zone with the wet-stones.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davidghemail, AR1911
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds