Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will'sMods Part 2

Will'sMods Part 2 6 months 3 weeks ago #16784

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 210
Good idea Clay! Makes sense. :)
If you do end up manufacturing them, check and see if the Allen head shaft on the knurled micro-adjuster knob can be shortened a bit. They are a mite too long as they are for the symmetry of the whole rig...purely for the look though, so if it is difficult that can be ignored I guess.

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EamonMcGowan

Will'sMods Part 2 6 months 3 weeks ago #16785

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
wickededge wrote:
I'll talk to Will and see if he has time and wants to make these mods available for sale. I'd be happy to carry them. If not, I'll see if he objects to us having them produced.

Way to go Clay! Also what is VERY nice that he has is the ratcheting lever locks for the degree bar. I just love mine! It makes it so much easier and faster!! B) ;)
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Will'sMods Part 2 6 months 3 weeks ago #16807

• Quoddy99
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Installed Will's mods today. Very easy and quick process. I did spend the time to flip the angle bar as Eamon McGowan did, and it makes for a very smooth angle setting process; although the slack adapters included in the mod kit weren't as effective in this configuration. With the secure lockdowns provided by the mods the indentations are no longer a requirement. I did do something that I hope I don't regret later... dabbed a tiny amount of super glue on the tips of the micro adjusters and they seem very secure now. I believe that I could get them out if it ever became necessary.

Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Quoddy99.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, mark76

Will'sMods Part 2 6 months 3 weeks ago #16809

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 210
"I hope I don't regret later... dabbed a tiny amount of super glue on the tips of the micro adjusters and they seem very secure now. I believe that I could get them out if it ever became necessary."

I hope you don't regret it too! :ohmy:
Actually the large micro-adjusters will fit snugly I discovered when I e-mailled Will, but they just need to be given a bit of a push in so the retaining ring grabs the end of it. The glue shouldn't be necessary...at least not with my set.

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark76

Will'sMods Part 2 6 months 3 weeks ago #16813

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 125
Acetone will dissolve a superglue problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark76

Will'sMods Part 2 6 months 3 weeks ago #16829

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
One more addition to my WE. I asked Will if he could make me some longer arms to go with the low angle adapter? He recommended 12" rods. He in Will style got them to my doorstep in no time at all!
I put them to use last night and they are significantly better to work with! The scrubbing and alternating strokes have a feel now of much more control. It feels like cause I'm able to work with more of the arm it glides smoother!!
After all the money and mods done it would have been a shame to miss out on this one. If you have the low angle adapter I highly recommend this mod! ;) :woohoo:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, mark76, LeoBarr
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds