Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Stropping Discussions

TOPIC: A theory of how the WE diamond pastes work

Re: A theory of how the WE diamond pastes work 1 year 3 months ago #10366

• KenSchwartz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Just a brief comment. It isn't that the 'roo 'slices' are thinner slices as much as that the skin itself is much thinner. No slicing is attempted - it's just a selectively thinner hide.

It also isn't that the 'roo is a tougher hide - it is thinner. This gives you less give.

It's also much smoother. This is immediately apparent when you feel them and compare the creamy smooth texture of 'roo vs cow or horse. The abrasiveness of 'roo is far finer in nature rather than tougher. The lack of give of the 'roo comes from it's extreme thinness. If it were backed with a soft backing, it would be quite supple enough to be used for convex edges, but with the Aluminum backing it is quite firm. The only thing less abrasive than the 'roo is the nanocloth, which is the absolute minimum of interference with the qualities of the applied compound, yielding a pure compound effect. The 'roo does have a draw or burnishing effect which the nanocloth doesn't. I've gotten excellent results with both nanocloth and 'roo, so you won't be disappointed with either.

---
Ken
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A theory of how the WE diamond pastes work 1 year 3 months ago #10367

• JacobWilson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for your response. I look forward to trying them both.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds