Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Photos
  • Page:

TOPIC: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 3 months ago #3888

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 423
not near as inventive as Clay, lol, but I try when I need to!

I would have love to see what they are recommending on the Ukranian forums on sharpening this... I doubt the Edge Pro would have been able to do as good of a job, not that I don't like the EP, it's outstanding. But I'm just saying =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 3 months ago #3890

• TarasShevchenko
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
There is a group of what I would call "freehand sharpening snobs", to them any system is BS, like "what this system can do what I can not with just my hands", why spend that kind of money on it. What they forget that they are sharpening not only with their hands, but also with the good quality stones, which are also expensive. And there is also some amount of self interest, one of the most outspoken guys is selling stropping paddles and compounds, the other one is selling Japaneze waterstones

Also some compare the price of EP with WE, but compare US prices as if systems somehow magically teleport to Ukraine. In Ukrainian realities EP is more expensive, the only guy who sells them asks $300 for KIT3 and $325 for KIT4

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #4160

• NickVas
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Josh! I was convinced that you are the talented architect. I want to throw to you one idea. You can modify Wicked Edge so that it supported a sharpening corner on a blade bend?
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by NickVas.

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #4162

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 464
Thanks for your question, Nick, it's a good one. But please don't post it in multiple threads at the same time. It is off-topic here and moved I one of your questions before.

So questions (and answers) related to dealing with angle changes (perhaps by modifying the WEPS), here please: www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=c...=3&id=4145&Itemid=63

And questions (and answers) related to the maths of angle changes, here please: www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=c...=2&id=4154&Itemid=63
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by mark76.
The following user(s) said Thank You: razoredgeknives

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #4186

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Excellent job Josh!!! VERY nicely done!:woohoo:
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds