Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Photos

TOPIC: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge

A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #3375

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 367
Just wanted to post pics of this crazy dagger I did for someone on the Wicked Edge... turned out beautiful! Took a while though... Finished on .5um strops. I had to put a crazy steep angle on it (something like 30-35*) due to the geometry of the dagger... technically it could be a scandi grind (due to the primary grind itself being about 20*) but I wasn't about to attempt that!! Anyway... here ya go.

Before:

After:

Wouldn't wanted to have attempted this on the belt sander or paper wheels, that's for sure!!
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by razoredgeknives.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #3377

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 388
Wow! That's incredible! Beautiful job!

It didn't know the WEPS could even do that. Could you tell us a little bit more on how you did the recurves?

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #3382

• BobNash
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
What a beautiful job you have done on that Kris blade - and great pics too! :cheer:
Did you find one location that where the stones would track for this blade, or did you do each luk individually? How long is the blade?
Bob
Some of the edges I've sharpened on the WE
www.oldawan.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
505-570-2040 (mobile and office)

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #3392

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 646
That looks terrific! What kind of steel?
--Clay Allison

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #3404

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 367
Not sure on these kind of steel Clay, sorry! Well, what I did was similar to what you described in the other thread Bob...I just used either one corner or both - on the diamonds all the way up. The stock diamonds really worked great for the recurved part! I was pleasantly surprised! I went from the 50 grit stock diamond up through the 1k. Then it was on to my curved ceramics ...the shine really started coming out on the 5k/10k choseras after the ceramics though. Oh, and Mark, I lapped the edges of my choseras slightly to take out any nicks and very slightly round the corners. This Kris blade didn't damage them at all. Then I went to the strops

Re: A testimony to the capabilities of the Wicked Edge 2 years 2 months ago #3415

• Razoredge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Cutthroat Sharpening
  • Thank you received: 8
Very nice Josh!
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds