Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Photos

TOPIC: Gentlemen's Knives

Gentlemen's Knives 2 years 6 months ago #1672

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 207
I looked at my collection the other day and saw a wonderful group of blades that one could rely on as back-up in any situation. Some are nigh on indestructible! Then I thought to myself, Leo, you don't need indestructible anymore, you need a knife for an old gentleman; one that you can carry without frightening everyone who sees it. I decided t take a look around and stopped short when I came to French knives from the city of Theirs in France. Oh my goodness! I found several knives immediately that screamed elegance and that one could use anytime in the kitchen or dining-room. The one I chose was Le Trappeur from Coutellerie Chambriard in Theirs.
Talk about service, I e-mailed the owner Philippe Chambriard on Friday evening last and had the knife today by noon hour. BTW DHL is so fast , they make UPS look like they are standing still.
The knife came in a beautifully designed leather case that is to die for.

The model I bought has wonderful Juniper slabs over stainless steel liners. Juniper has wonderfully variegated grain and has a delightful peppery smell. Did I say that the knife is completely hand-made an so no two are exactly alike? The craftsmanship is awesome, if I can use that overworked word. The back of the SS bolster has very artful file-work and the inscribed letter T that all knives made in Theirs carry.
The blade is elegantly shaped and razor sharp. I used it to cut some French baguette and some cheese for supper and nobody sucked in their breath like when I haul out one of my killing knives! LOL! The shape of the whole is exactly elegant and non-threatening.

I will do a review of this knife later, with all the pertinent information. I have only had it for less than a dy and already, I am in love. I will soon be on to my next French knife from this cutler.

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gentlemen's Knives 2 years 6 months ago #1674

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
Beautiful!
--Clay Allison

Re: Gentlemen's Knives 2 years 6 months ago #1676

• mark76
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 376
This coutellerie?

:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, babo

Re: Gentlemen's Knives 2 years 6 months ago #1677

• leomitch
  • Administrator
Oh my goodness Mark! You have been there...what a great shot of the place. That city produces some of the finest cutlery around today! Thank you for that fine photograph! Did you buy a French knife while you were there?

Cheers
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Gentlemen's Knives 2 years 6 months ago #1685

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
What a nice knife, Leo! I think it suits you well Unique and refined, with a touch of juniper! B)
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com

Re: Gentlemen's Knives 2 years 6 months ago #1686

• leomitch
  • Administrator
Well how nice Tom! You mean you think I am a gentleman? LOL! You are too kind. A touch of juniper eh! Does that mean I can be a bit peppery from time to time! ;)

Cheers mate
Leo
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds