Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Photos

TOPIC: Kershaw Shuffle 3800

Kershaw Shuffle 3800 7 months 1 week ago #15153

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
narcoleptic wrote:
Thanks Leo! I actually do have a loupe and check the edges before I change stones.

The knives are definitely sharp. Very happy with the edges I get with them. Was able to sharpen an extremely dull kitchen knife to curl phone book paper. ;)

I'm hoping I cant get the hair whittling sharpness because I'm still working on my technique, stones havent been fully broken in (I think I've only done 10 knives), and I havent tried playing with the strops yet. :D

Hi Narcoleptic,
Sounds like you are on the right track. I would think your stones should be very close to broken in now? Mine created beautiful edges right around 10-12 knives. I would really like to suggest to you trying the strops. The leather refinement takes it to a whole new level!! :woohoo: For me it created a whole new problem? I had to buy the others just to see what I was missing? Each seems to have their own place in whatever your goal is? I can honestly say when I go normal WE progression up to 1K dmt stone> 10/14 diamond balsa> 5 diamond "roo" the knife is one of the most popular EDC among my friends and customers.
I'm betting that if you do use the strops? You will pass the HHT no problem!! :ohmy:
Good luck and have fun!!!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds