Username: Password: Remember me
Knife Photos

TOPIC: Neat Gerber from 1989

Neat Gerber from 1989 2 years 8 months ago #1208

• DonLlewellyn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Love my Wicked Edge!
  • Thank you received: 4
I "found" this in the safe while looking for something to sharpen on my Wicked Edge sharpener. This is probably the oldest knife I own - can't think of any older. The "PG&E" is the company I work for and the two red stones indicate I got this when I had 10 years with the company - now I have 32. Every 5 years we got to pick an anniversary gift out of a catalog and this was by far the best thing for only having 10 years. LOL

It has a 2 1/4" blade, is 6" overall when open, has wood inlaid into the brass and as you can see I used this knife a lot, probably until I got another at 15 years. I lost the 15 year one so I'm really glad to have this one, brings back some memories.

I did sharpen it on the Wicked Edge and hoooweeee is it sharp!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Neat Gerber from 1989 2 years 8 months ago #1211

• Allgonquin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi Don,

I have a similar, slightly larger Gerber lockback I received for finishing first in a training class I took in 1978. About 4.5" when closed, 8" open, and 3.5" blade. Mine is mint (except for tarnished brass) as I've never used it "in anger" as it has a nice engraving on it.

One of my main EDC knives is a Gerber Silver Knight, the single blade variety. I like the clean style and relatively small size which I can carry even in dress pants. I've managed to snag several new ones on eBay so I have different slab varieties, MoP, wood, and their checkered plastic. I think the vintage of these is similar.

Rgds,
Allgonquin

Objects in closer are mirror than they appear
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds